Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

DOT 3 vs DOT 4 brake fluid?? did I do something wrong?

Old 07-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
bhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nice
Name: Ben
bhh2000's Tacoma Gallery
DOT 3 vs DOT 4 brake fluid?? did I do something wrong?

so my truck says to use DOT 3, but for some reason I bought DOT 4 and flushed/bleed my brake lines with it today. is there anything wrong with that? if I got all the DOT 3 out its fine right? it just has a higher boiling temp hense its "better" just wanted to make it clear im new to this whole doing my own brakes thing.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up a bottle of valvoline which is sold as "dot 3 and 4" fluid. So my best guess would be that is ok.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Higher boiling point and less water absorbtion, ur good to go
Old 07-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
Hellion
Deserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeserted1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Corey
Deserted1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Deserted1
... vs .... one more dot = moar bettar!!!!! LOL

j/k your ok as other as others have pointed out.