Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Full Exhaust going on today!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
09Doright8126 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
09Doright8126's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Full Exhaust going on today!!!

Hey guys... today after work a friend and I are finally putting DTLT headers and URD y-pipe on the truck. Tomorrow morning I have an apt. with the muffler shop to put on a Wicked Flow and dump it after the rear axle.

I will take pics/video throughout the intsall and post them up Monday... stay tuned!

I'm getting married Aug. 6th but hopefully if I get time to go to Columbia one weekend before I will try to put it on the dyno... $60 for two runs.

Thanks to TW for all the helpful information along the way!

- Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
Full Exhaust going on today!!!-complete-exhaust.jpg   Full Exhaust going on today!!!-headers.jpg   Full Exhaust going on today!!!-drivers-header.jpg   Full Exhaust going on today!!!-passengers-header.jpg   Full Exhaust going on today!!!-y-pipe.jpg  

Full Exhaust going on today!!!-stock-y-pipe.jpg   Full Exhaust going on today!!!-urd-y-pipe.jpg  
Old 07-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Hit the dyno on the way home before the install, then re-dyno
Old 07-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Wish I could... I really wanted to but no time though (and I didn't think about it beforehand). At least I'll be able to get an after dyno run within a couple of weeks hopefully.

If someone has any stock dynos for the 4.0 then that would be a "fair" comparison of the gains?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Cant really compare #s between trucks. Way too many variables.

Will still be good info to have on hand though!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Fun! I will be watching too congratulations on getting married son! Wishes for a good life.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
dump it before or after the rear axle?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
dump it before or after the rear axle?
Old 07-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #10
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
i was just about to make a thread to have everyone who has a wicked flow to comment on how much they love them haha. After about 10 days now the muffler has really broken in and it sounds sooo good. I'm sure it will be even louder with no cats (mine is dumped over the axle as well). Maybe in a year or so i'll be able to get the DTLT. Wheels and lift come first haha
Old 07-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #11
UPDATE

The exhaust went on pretty easy... I definitely recommend if your doing it yourself to have two people! Love the throaty sound and responsiveness; however, the Wicked Flow muffler combined with this system is VERY loud. With the removal of all 4 cats the exhaust really pulses and being so open/aggressive really makes the muffler have a nasty rasp when you accelerate hard.

I LOVE the exhaust set up but will be looking for a more "tame" muffler to help quite down this system... I believe the Wicked Flow muffler would absolutely be perfect for a stock set up but is just too aggressive when combined with this setup (my personal opinion).

I will keep everyone posted with videos of before and after all changes.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #12
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Doright8126 View Post
UPDATE

The exhaust went on pretty easy... I definitely recommend if your doing it yourself to have two people! Love the throaty sound and responsiveness; however, the Wicked Flow muffler combined with this system is VERY loud. With the removal of all 4 cats the exhaust really pulses and being so open/aggressive really makes the muffler have a nasty rasp when you accelerate hard.

I LOVE the exhaust set up but will be looking for a more "tame" muffler to help quite down this system... I believe the Wicked Flow muffler would absolutely be perfect for a stock set up but is just too aggressive when combined with this setup (my personal opinion).

I will keep everyone posted with videos of before and after all changes.
According to bear river (the dewds that sell Wicked Flow Bitches Exhaust) if you go to dual exhaust it should remove some of the raspiness. Not sure if this is true, but I was trying to use my context clues. I might have failed...miserably anywho.. its Wicked Flow bitches!!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #13
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same issue with my banks cat back. I just bit the bullet and ordered the new urd exhaust to try and fix it. Some have added 2nd mufflers or resonators to help calm it down. I have a 18" magnaflow that I bought to I stall if it was too loud but just went urd.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #14
08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: TAYLOR
08chocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Did you cancel out your cats yourself? lose any power from that?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08chocotaco View Post
Did you cancel out your cats yourself? lose any power from that?
More than likely, he lost a bunch of low end grunt.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #16
08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: TAYLOR
08chocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
More than likely, he lost a bunch of low end grunt.
Thats what ive been told happens when you do that, but hey, i wouldnt know because i havent done it. yet.... haha OP, tell me how it is compared to stock because ive wanted to run somewhat straight pipes for a while now because i know our engine can sound beast
Old 07-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
***Stupid question alert***

How do you pass emissions? And is your truck throwing any codes due to the missing sensors?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #18
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Yes removing the cats will make it throw a code
Old 07-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #19
It does sound nice but I do feel like I might have lost some low end torque... I'm not quite happy with the set up yet and really want to get the exhaust note tamed. I'll be able to continue to update as the time/miles go by. I too hope to dyno the setup after a few weeks if possible...

As far as emissions go... SC doesn't currently have yearly checks and the y-pipe came with O2 simulators to "trick" the engine code.