1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

intake and exhaust combos

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by rcrazy, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Jul 8, 2011 at 11:07 PM
    rcrazy

rcrazy [OP] Member

Member:
    las vegas
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd offroad
    borla exhaust, aFe cai, bilstein 5100s all around, ome coils, toytec aal, light racing uca, DWreck sliders(1st issue, lol)
    Hi guys! Im a newbee here.

I have a tacoma doublecab 4x4 trd offroad, this is my 4th tacoma. The only mod i did on the past trucks is just a drop in K&N filter.

Before i did my mods on my latest truck, i just read all your treads in the forum, they're a lot of help. The first thing i did was a drop in K&N and a magnaflow muffler, I didn't like the loss of torque. then, I put a K&N cold air intake, i felt it was choking when i suddenly step on the gas.

So i resorted to changing the muffler(I didnt go with full catback coz' a lot of you guys say that it was almost similar size pipe as stock) i went with Borla. Now with Borla and K&N CAI combo, still have that loss of torque, so i went back to stock intake. It got better but still less torquey.

Finally went with aFe CAI and Borla combo, as of now I"m happy, I think i got my torque back and still have that growl when I step on the gas.

Thanks guys, i relied on your posts as my guide.

Products Discussed in

To Top