Notices

Banks vs. aFe exhaust

View Poll Results: Banks vs. aFe Exhaust
Banks exhaust (48138) 8 47.06%
aFe exhaust (49-46002) 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
To Be Continued...
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Banks vs. aFe exhaust

So, I'm still torn between these 2 systems. I've asked a few people, and received some good feedback (memario and whippersnapper have been really helpful). I know the 3" will sacrifice some low end torque, and my truck is not F/I'd yet, but it may be eventually. I am also aware that I can just weld a muffler in there, but I will eventually be replacing the whole system at some point (DTLT, URD y-pipe). I really like the sound of the Banks system, but haven't heard hardly any clips for the aFe kit. What say you TW'ers?!

1....2....3.....Discuss!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
blawrie will become famous soon enoughblawrie will become famous soon enough
blawrie's Tacoma Gallery
I found this clip of the AFE on youtube...I think it sounds awesome!!! The 3" piping is probably why it sounds nice and deep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLdj04gm6-E
Old 07-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
1...2...3...flip a coin.

I got Banks because I got a deal. I like it. Click the link in my sig.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
blawrie will become famous soon enoughblawrie will become famous soon enough
blawrie's Tacoma Gallery
From my understanding it is. I looked on summitracing and it has the system as a 3" with a 4" tip.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blawrie View Post
From my understanding it is. I looked on summitracing and it has the system as a 3" with a 4" tip.
Is there any back pressure
Old 07-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
To Be Continued...
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Is there any back pressure
After much research by self-proclaimed experts from different forums, the general concensus is that you will lose a bit of back pressure with any 3" system, but since it's a cat-back system, most of the essential engine pressure is already recovered from the primary cats and stock headers.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
That afe actually sounds pretty good. Dosnt sound rice like a lot of the other ones.

Here's another clip of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yMR...eature=related
I was planing on going back to stock, but not sure now, after hearing this thing...
Old 08-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by the619truck View Post
Here's a good aFe vs Banks comparison.
That's an intake comparison.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
I have the aFe exhaust and I love it...
Old 10-01-2011, 05:23 AM   #13
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
nope... I did not notice any gains, acceleration might have been negatively affected though, probably lost some low end torque... but then again it could be the tires. I've had it for almost two years now and there have been too many changes to my truck to remember
Old 10-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
I got a random $600 check yesterday from the unemployment office (I guess they underpaid??? me when I got laid off over 6 months ago). So, it looks like I will be ordering the aFe cat-back today. I am really looking forward to the extra 26hp/30ft.lbs Torque!!! (j/k) I will be sure to post vids/soundclips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
I have the aFe exhaust and I love it...
Nice! There's not much talk on here about the aFe, even though it's best sounding IMO. All you ever here about is that Wicked flow and Aero crap.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
I had the banks and once I put long tubes and the urd y it had to go.I still have my banks and am just up the road from you if you want a good deal on one
Old 10-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Cut out the stock muffler and weld on a new one. No point in paying that much money for piping.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #17
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Cut out the stock muffler and weld on a new one. No point in paying that much money for piping.

x2 no point in buying a whole exhaust assembly.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #18
To Be Continued...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
I had the banks and once I put long tubes and the urd y it had to go.I still have my banks and am just up the road from you if you want a good deal on one
That's good to know about the DTLT, Y-pipe combo. I might be doing that at some point so I wonder if the aFe would be too loud also . How much for your Banks and is it for a DCLB?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #19
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
the system is for an ac model but i have some 3" 304 ss tubing and you would only have to weld on 6-8" section for it to fit. If you are planning on removing all cats i would not recommend this exhaust, with a supercharger and long tubes and a oem y pipe it sounded awesome. As soon as the last set of cats came out it was too much. I currently have the urd mk2 cat back on and it still has a tad bit more bark than i want so i have a 14" magnaflow resonator that getting welded in next week. If your still interested ill let the banks go for 250. it has about 5500 miles on it.
this is just the banks with everything else stock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAlmPBILcSA
this is with a s/c, long tubes, and the banks head to the 4-5 min mark and you can really hear it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9KygcN1_3s
and this is my current setup. it has a pretty bad leak at the cat/y flange so i have some v-band flanges getting tig welded in along with the resonator. the video is of trd s/c, dtlt, urd 4x4 ypipe, urd mk2 catback, and a nasty exhaust leak.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5UNYo89dMA
hope this helps you out just keep in mind the direction you want to go and get the right system the first time.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #20
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Are you still unemployed? Seems like an exhaust would be low priority without a job?

Products Discussed in this Thread