Turbo 316 28.01%
Supercharger 644 57.09%
Dont spend the money on either 168 14.89%
Voters: 1128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #443
kickergt is on a distinguished road
Name: Shaun
kickergt's Tacoma Gallery
turbo is the Only way to go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txWTE...hannel&list=UL
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #444
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
1 more reason turbo over s/c anyday.

Front mount turbo gt35r 8psi 40-90 pull.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGDg...e_gdata_player

60-100 8psi pull.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyra...e_gdata_player
Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #447
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Toon's 40-90mph - " TRD s/c, APR 2.85,DTLT, URD y pipe, custom 3in exhaust. TRD reflash
video was shot in 89 degrees... at 9pm wtf. houston heat sux...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYFpfIsuJes

^^^^Found that for you in the Acceleration Wars thread. 6.9x seconds. Slooooooooooth.
nice...i need to check out his truck asap...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #449
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
nice...i need to check out his truck asap...
U can check it out anytime.
U live pretty close to me.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #450

toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Toon's old setup 40-90mph - " TRD s/c, APR 2.85,DTLT, URD y pipe, custom 3in exhaust. TRD reflash
video was shot in 89 degrees... at 9pm wtf. houston heat sux...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYFpfIsuJes

^^^^Found that for you in the Acceleration Wars thread. 6.9x seconds. Slooooooooooth.
Lol. TuRD s/c. Biggest waste of.money I spent on the truck.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #452
jeffallen29 will become famous soon enough
Name: jeff
jeffallen29's Tacoma Gallery
I have been doing the Supercharger dance with Foxbody Mustangs for many Many years now and I will tell you S/Cs are Much different than Turbos as far as making power.Turbo's are Easier on your engine as you dont have the Blower belt Cranked down Guitar string Tight on the front of the Crankshaft which will sometimes cause your front main bearings to wear prematurely.You will Always make more power with a Turbo vs a supercharger and compared to the power a supercharger,the turbo is virtually free horsepower.Turbos MUST be sized correctly to each engine combination to make the best combination and have the fastest spooling,less turbo lag combination for your vehicle.Say you run a Supercharger setup on your vehicle and setup the blower to boost 10psi at 6000rpm, and your combo makes 400rwhp to the rear wheels, with a properly setup Turbo you could make the same RWHP running 5-7psi out of the turbo and make full boost much sooner.

Superchargers make Great power,make power in a Linear hp/tq curve,are relatively Simple to install compared to a Turbo.

Turbo's make power based on Load meaning if the engine isn't in a Load situation it wont make any boost.Unlike superchargers, Its possible to make Full boost by 3500-4000rpm while with a superchargers Linear boost curve you wont make full boost until you reach the Upper RPMs around 5500-6000rpm.

Both setups are Great at making power just make sure your fuel system is up to par for the extra HP and the Tune in the Computer will more than likely have to be changed.They are both great poweradders but anyone thinking about buying one for your vehicle needs to weigh your options about both setups and choose wisely.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #453
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffallen29 View Post
I have been doing the Supercharger dance with Foxbody Mustangs for many Many years now and I will tell you S/Cs are Much different than Turbos as far as making power.Turbo's are Easier on your engine as you dont have the Blower belt Cranked down Guitar string Tight on the front of the Crankshaft which will sometimes cause your front main bearings to wear prematurely.You will Always make more power with a Turbo vs a supercharger and compared to the power a supercharger,the turbo is virtually free horsepower.Turbos MUST be sized correctly to each engine combination to make the best combination and have the fastest spooling,less turbo lag combination for your vehicle.Say you run a Supercharger setup on your vehicle and setup the blower to boost 10psi at 6000rpm, and your combo makes 400rwhp to the rear wheels, with a properly setup Turbo you could make the same RWHP running 5-7psi out of the turbo and make full boost much sooner.

Superchargers make Great power,make power in a Linear hp/tq curve,are relatively Simple to install compared to a Turbo.

Turbo's make power based on Load meaning if the engine isn't in a Load situation it wont make any boost.Unlike superchargers, Its possible to make Full boost by 3500-4000rpm while with a superchargers Linear boost curve you wont make full boost until you reach the Upper RPMs around 5500-6000rpm.

Both setups are Great at making power just make sure your fuel system is up to par for the extra HP and the Tune in the Computer will more than likely have to be changed.They are both great poweradders but anyone thinking about buying one for your vehicle needs to weigh your options about both setups and choose wisely.
sounds like youve been playing with centrifugal superchargers as i can be making full boost by 2500 rpm
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #454
jeffallen29 will become famous soon enough
Name: jeff
jeffallen29's Tacoma Gallery
I do mostly deal with Centrifugals with Mustangs as I dont really care for Roots style blowers except on the 03-04 Cobras.Roots style blowers do make full boost much faster than a Centrifugal supercharger but their max power falls short of the centrifugals.A Roots blower should work great for one of these Tacoma's tho!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #455
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffallen29 View Post
I do mostly deal with Centrifugals with Mustangs as I dont really care for Roots style blowers except on the 03-04 Cobras.Roots style blowers do make full boost much faster than a Centrifugal supercharger but their max power falls short of the centrifugals.A Roots blower should work great for one of these Tacoma's tho!
yes thats where the twin screw shines its it spools sucker quick like a roots but makes power and lots of it at high or low rpm
Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #457
Quote:
"Rocket" beats both s/c's
beats turbos too
Old 12-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #459
Quote:
Noooooooo.....it doesn't. Pff. You should find out what I mean about "rocket". Then you'll know what I am referring to.
maybe you should enlighten me then mark cause last i checked rockets were fast