Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

NST Pulleys and a Tuner?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
NST Pulleys and a Tuner?

OK guys, about to pull the trigger on the DTLT and a Y pipe but have a few questions about a few other parts and want peoples opinions on them.
Does anyone have any experiance with these, the NST pulley kit http://www.nonstoptuning.com/NSTPULL...ToyXRTRD.html?

Also, since I cant get a X-1 tuner anymore, what do people reccomend, I am going to need something to put a custom tune in it, here is what I will be running.

TRD S/C, URD S/C underdrive pulley, AFE CAI, DT LT Header, Y-pipe, NST light weight pulleys? What do you guys reccomend as a tuner for this set up?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
What is this plug and play harness you speak up (I am looking it up now), I asked gadget a while back about a replacement tuner but never got back to me.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
What is this plug and play harness you speak up (I am looking it up now), I asked gadget a while back about a replacement tuner but never got back to me.
There is no URD plug n play harness for the 09 and up trucks. Unichip piggyback is another option.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
I know of unichip and a few others. I was just hoping some of the tuners here had experiance with them and could give me a recomendation and opinion.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #7
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
xr-undergeround is a great place for tuning questions. There are several tuners out there, haltech, the map-ecu3 from urd, apr x-1 if your lucky enough to find one, also proEFI has two different ones depending on your tuning needs.

If you are going to be running all the mods listed above you should consider getting the 7th injector to help keep it cool and upgrade to bigger injectors and a better fuel pump to provide the fuel needed to run that set-up safely!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcroach78 View Post
xr-undergeround is a great place for tuning questions. There are several tuners out there, haltech, the map-ecu3 from urd, apr x-1 if your lucky enough to find one, also proEFI has two different ones depending on your tuning needs.

If you are going to be running all the mods listed above you should consider getting the 7th injector to help keep it cool and upgrade to bigger injectors and a better fuel pump to provide the fuel needed to run that set-up safely!
I thought the 7th injector was for 1st gens only? I have bigger injectors, that was part of the install with the TRD kit was larger injectors.

The URD site seems to be down so I cant get on a actually check.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
You can use the 7th with the map3 or any other ems that allows for additional injectors. You can use the 7th injector in two ways, you can use it if you max out your injectors and/or use it for cooling if you have big primaries like the 668 injectors. Tuning it isn't that hard, it can be done it just takes a little more work than on the X1.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #10
Problem is I cant use the X-1 because I have a 2010 and they are not compatable with my ECU plug I believe.