Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake, Exhaust questions

Old 07-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
MedicalTacoma is on a distinguished road
MedicalTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Intake, Exhaust questions

So little new to working on cars but I have started to want to change things from stock in my 03 Tacoma and wondering would a K&N intake system work better then my stock or give suggestions to a decent intake system that isn't to pricey. Also Exhaust been looking at a lot of posts and listening to the sounds and leaning towards a Wicked Flow or Magnaflo exhaust because of the small gains in hp and the nice sound quality they possess. Need some help on both.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Search deckplate mod for the intake and choose whatever exhaust sound good to you except Chokemaster. They are junk.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the deck plate mod.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
x3
Old 07-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
So is that... Six?
Old 07-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Checked out the deckplate mod actually doing the search didnt let me find as many helpful things as expected let me to CT which had a full guide to doing one, but what if i bought the K&N intake system instead which do you think would give me more hp and little better mileage or just think the deckplate mod would be enough.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Thanks thats helpful since i can take that cost out for the intake and get the leveling lift kit i wanted. and possible Nerf bars to the side after the lift kit installed.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #9
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Neither will give you better mpg.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #11
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
The deck plate on my first gen gave me a solid +1mpg.
How?
Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Magic
Just as I thought.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #14
Anyone also know anything about split second VC2 Hard Voltage Clamp saw it on URD site just curious about it. And couldnt find anything in the search.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #15
matt33312 is on a distinguished road
matt33312's Tacoma Gallery
i have a flowmaster 40 series taco with cold air, i just want to take the exhaust of for shits and giggles, and im not sure if it will mess with any of the sensors, its going to just bolt of right at the flange, after the cat, shouldnt be a problem, but i was curious about back pressure as well, any thoughts?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt33312 View Post
i have a flowmaster 40 series taco with cold air, i just want to take the exhaust of for shits and giggles, and im not sure if it will mess with any of the sensors, its going to just bolt of right at the flange, after the cat, shouldnt be a problem, but i was curious about back pressure as well, any thoughts?
Chokemasters are known to reduce power.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #17
Got the Magnaflow muffler installed, sounds great took a little getting used to but now i love it. also did the deckplate mod this weekend havent really been able to tell the different. but hopefully when the new air filter gets here from the mail it will be a lot better. Now just working on the LED lights, so far got the dome light led in but its weird its so dim when the car is not turned on like when i open a door it does basically nothing and kinda flashes then when i turn the car on it gets bright. any suggestions i tried moving it around but didnt do much.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalTacoma View Post
Got the Magnaflow muffler installed, sounds great took a little getting used to but now i love it. also did the deckplate mod this weekend havent really been able to tell the different. but hopefully when the new air filter gets here from the mail it will be a lot better.
You just found out no difference with exhaust and deck mod, the new filter is the least of the 3 mods, it ain't getting a lot better.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt33312 View Post
If you do it make sure you disconnect the battery for 43 minutes before starting it again so the computer knows you are bad ass, and it won't fuck with your sensors.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
If you do it make sure you disconnect the battery for 43 minutes before starting it again so the computer knows you are bad ass, and it won't fuck with your sensors.