Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

$50 for Cold Air Intake?

Old 07-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
RockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really nice

RockLobster1106's Tacoma Gallery
$50 for Cold Air Intake?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/2496580198.html

good deal?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
That's not cold air.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
That's not cold air.

Yes it is the 1st Gens pull air from behind the head light so it does in fact pull in cooler air.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
RockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really nice

so good deal? or no
Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yes it is the 1st Gens pull air from behind the head light so it does in fact pull in cooler air.
Yeah but stock is boxed. This has a heat shield that looks like a 5 year old cut it with safe scissors. It doesn't block heat like the box does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster1106 View Post
so good deal? or no
Get it if you want.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #6

ah ill probably pass. Thanks for your help fellas
Old 07-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah but stock is boxed. This has a heat shield that looks like a 5 year old cut it with safe scissors. It doesn't block heat like the box does.

This is the same kit I have and the heat shield is not flimsy. I Will admit the deck plate mod is way better but these intakes bring in air from the same place as the deck plate mod. And a stock are box is too restrictive so who cares if it's a CAI.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
This is the same kit I have and the heat shield is not flimsy. I Will admit the deck plate mod is way better but these intakes bring in air from the same place as the deck plate mod. And a stock are box is too restrictive so who cares if it's a CAI.
I owned a FIPK on my Ranger. It was trash and I don't see how other kits would be better. The FIPK kit for 2nd gens looks like trash too but to each his own.

The stock box is less restrictive than you think.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I owned a FIPK on my Ranger. It was trash and I don't see how other kits would be better. The FIPK kit for 2nd gens looks like trash too but to each his own.

The stock box is less restrictive than you think.

Yeah the 2nd Gen kits do look like trash i like the 1st Gen kits I do wish they had a box for them. I may fab one up but I don't know.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
the619truck is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
the619truck's Tacoma Gallery
For 50 bucks... you are not going to be sacrificing quality. Quality Intake systems like K&N or aFe are upwards of $120.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #11
Banned
For $50 you get a hot air intake that will cause you to lose power. $50 for going backwards isn't very smart don't you think?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For $50 you get a hot air intake that will cause you to lose power. $50 for going backwards isn't very smart don't you think?
Lies all lies