Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

02 sensor replacement question

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
02 sensor replacement question

How in the hell do you go about getting the upstream sensors off. From underneath looks the best way to me. Any tips or tricks would be a great help.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I removed and replaced the drivers side no problem,but the passenger side....cant get it to budge an inch (and talk about no clearance for a tool)!......dammit!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i was able to get my passenger side off from the top and driver side from the bottom when i swapped out for my long-tubes
Old 07-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Take the manifold off

Do you have the 02 sensor removal tool? Try spraying with PB blaster or deep creep a few times and let it sit for a bi

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-12100-Ox.../dp/B0009OMYA6.
Thats what I was starting to figure/avoid.......yes I have 02 tools but one is to long,like a deep socket,and the other is kind of a snub nose and it allows for no movement.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Maybe take it to a shop and have them do it? Probably only charge a few bucks and maybe they have some magic tricks to get them off we can all learn from
Thats my go to if nothing else works
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #6

I'm gonna spray some stuff on it,let it sit,and then give it another try
Old 07-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #7

Taking it in to my mechanic. (& not Toyota!)
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Good choice! I guess that O2 sensor got the best of ya
I would have rather got it done myself......oh well
Old 07-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #9

Dude said he do it for 60.00
Old 08-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Take the manifold off

Do you have the 02 sensor removal tool? Try spraying with PB blaster or deep creep a few times and let it sit for a bi

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-12100-Ox.../dp/B0009OMYA6.
Ended up doing this.This is how it came out

Products Discussed in this Thread