1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Scanguage II installed

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by LonghornTaco, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Oct 20, 2008 at 9:36 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco [OP] Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I ordered the Scanguage II from the latest group by and got it in today. I also ordered the Blendmount from MGT MotorSports. When I went to install it using the BlendMount, I realized it wasn't really going to install the way I wanted since I have the auto-dimming mirror. The auto-dimming mirror has a different mount arm than the normal one, so the BlendMount wouldn't have been straight and flush the way I wanted. I could have made it work, but that's not what I wanted.

So, I used the plate that came from the BlendMount and installed it somewhere else. And to tell you the truth, I'm happier where it is! Now, the way I ended up using it, I don't think it was worth the $49 for the kit. However, I made it work and I don't have to mess with returning it, restocking, etc...

[​IMG]

2. Oct 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    looks good man! I like it mounted there. The only problem I'd have is that space is my glove storage! ha

3. Oct 20, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    That's a new idea about the location. I like it but when mine comes in I don't think I'll be putting it there. Good spot but I always have something in there. I can't wait til mine comes in.:D Should be here sometime this week.

4. Oct 20, 2008 at 9:53 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I plan on making that place an accessory switch location at some point. I really like what this guy did:
    [​IMG]

However, the way it's mounted, it's hella solid! When I push the buttons, the bugger doesn't move at all.

5. Oct 20, 2008 at 10:08 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Thats too far down for me i like seeing it right in front of me looks good though.

6. Oct 21, 2008 at 7:17 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Looks good but that location wouldn't safely work for me. I glance at it often while driving so on the mirror keeps my eyes on the road.

7. Oct 21, 2008 at 8:50 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    I would have preferred it on the mirror (that's why I ordered the BlendMount kit) but it just wouldn't install properly or the way I liked with the auto dimming mirror.

8. Oct 21, 2008 at 9:04 AM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    Thats the same place I installed mine a couple months ago when I took delivery! Great job!

9. Oct 22, 2008 at 4:02 AM
    davatk

davatk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northwestern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Sport Long Bed
    Tube Steps, Hood Deflector, ScanGauage, GPS
    Where did you route the wiring to the scanguage. Did you have to drill a hole in the rear of that storage area ?

10. Oct 22, 2008 at 6:46 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Yes I did. I meant to take pictures of that too, but I didn't. I had to drill three holes - two for the small nuts/bolts to hold the mounting frame and one 1/2" hole:)eek:) in the side for the CAT5 cable.

11. Oct 22, 2008 at 10:34 AM
    davatk

davatk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northwestern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Sport Long Bed
    Tube Steps, Hood Deflector, ScanGauage, GPS
    :eek::eek: I just can't bring myself to drill any wholes in my baby...yet....
    Thanks for the info though, think I may order mine (scanguage) today...:rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top