Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Scanguage II installed

Old 10-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Scanguage II installed

I ordered the Scanguage II from the latest group by and got it in today. I also ordered the Blendmount from MGT MotorSports. When I went to install it using the BlendMount, I realized it wasn't really going to install the way I wanted since I have the auto-dimming mirror. The auto-dimming mirror has a different mount arm than the normal one, so the BlendMount wouldn't have been straight and flush the way I wanted. I could have made it work, but that's not what I wanted.

So, I used the plate that came from the BlendMount and installed it somewhere else. And to tell you the truth, I'm happier where it is! Now, the way I ended up using it, I don't think it was worth the $49 for the kit. However, I made it work and I don't have to mess with returning it, restocking, etc...

Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man! I like it mounted there. The only problem I'd have is that space is my glove storage! ha
Old 10-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That's a new idea about the location. I like it but when mine comes in I don't think I'll be putting it there. Good spot but I always have something in there. I can't wait til mine comes in. Should be here sometime this week.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Thats too far down for me i like seeing it right in front of me looks good though.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:17 AM   #6
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good but that location wouldn't safely work for me. I glance at it often while driving so on the mirror keeps my eyes on the road.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #8
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the same place I installed mine a couple months ago when I took delivery! Great job!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:02 AM   #9
davatk is on a distinguished road

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
I ordered the Scanguage II from the latest group by and got it in today. I also ordered the Blendmount from MGT MotorSports. When I went to install it using the BlendMount, I realized it wasn't really going to install the way I wanted since I have the auto-dimming mirror. The auto-dimming mirror has a different mount arm than the normal one, so the BlendMount wouldn't have been straight and flush the way I wanted. I could have made it work, but that's not what I wanted.

So, I used the plate that came from the BlendMount and installed it somewhere else. And to tell you the truth, I'm happier where it is! Now, the way I ended up using it, I don't think it was worth the $49 for the kit. However, I made it work and I don't have to mess with returning it, restocking, etc...

Where did you route the wiring to the scanguage. Did you have to drill a hole in the rear of that storage area ?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #11
davatk is on a distinguished road

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Yes I did. I meant to take pictures of that too, but I didn't. I had to drill three holes - two for the small nuts/bolts to hold the mounting frame and one 1/2" hole() in the side for the CAT5 cable.
I just can't bring myself to drill any wholes in my baby...yet....
Thanks for the info though, think I may order mine (scanguage) today...