Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD PERFORMANCE

Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
URD PERFORMANCE

Just order a MAF CAL Tuned for my truck cant wait to get it installed.
I know it take soldering to install it. but how long will the install take?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Two hours tops. Take your time. You're cutting wires to your ECU. It's easy but it's worth the extra time. Check twice, cut once.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! I was wondering if this is really worth it? Im thinking about doing a CAI later on, and maybe getting the MAF Cal.
But still undescided....
Old 08-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
really??? well I might have to try it out, when I get a CAI...

I have a AFE filter in my stock intake, and charcoal filter removed. Would this be similar to a CAI, or does a CAI suck more air/faster? I assume the bends and silincer on the stock system dont help the air flow....
Old 08-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
really??? well I might have to try it out, when I get a CAI...

I have a AFE filter in my stock intake, and charcoal filter removed. Would this be similar to a CAI, or does a CAI suck more air/faster? I assume the bends and silincer on the stock system dont help the air flow....

If you're getting CAI, consider URD's CAI. I personally do not have it, but have done research on it and am planning on buying it when the time comes. It sucks in air from the grille, not the fender (stock) or engine bay (k&n), so it's true CAI. The kid DOES require cutting of the body by the headlight, but includes a template for cutting and a rubber gasket like object to clean the cuts up. Gadget does his research, and will not distribute this product without knowing it works.

URD TRUE CAI

from URD website

The MAF calibrator and intake will run you $488.00, not including shipping.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #7

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, Ive considered that kit, but I sont think its great for my area, (pacific NW).
I get alot of rain and am sometimes getting the truck soaked.

I like the AFE stage2 Si Intake..
Old 08-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #8
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
Yeah, Ive considered that kit, but I sont think its great for my area, (pacific NW).
I get alot of rain and am sometimes getting the truck soaked.

I like the AFE stage2 Si Intake..
They do make a shield and you can purchase filter covers. I think very little water gets in there regardless of the situation, there is a beam on your OEM grill (if you have yours) and the water, if inducted, has to go upwards and travel about 2 feet.

But i do understand your concern, go with the AFE after URD. High quality products.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
got it in the mail today cant wait to install it!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #10
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTaco View Post
got it in the mail today cant wait to install it!!!
Ok, I labeld the harnesses as I pulled them out to make sure i didn't put them back in the wrong place, then, without distractions, i checked each wire that i'm supposed to solder onto THREE times to make ABSOLUTELY freaking sure that the location and color were correct. I noticed that I had to pull on the lowermost harness to get enough play to work with, I then soldered the bottom ones first because they were the hardest ones to get to. Make sure you use some kind of insulation to ENSURE that nothing gets grounded.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #11
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd?

how she run?
It was an extra little boost below 3000rpm, mainly because it corrected the MAF data going to the ECU, it leans out the fuel which helps. Ummm, wide open?, Above say 3500? Between that and the K&N and the cat-backs, to anyone who says it doesn't make much of a difference, drive your truck, then drive mine, it fucking hauls ass.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #12
joeblaze78 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
joeblaze78's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine i have both the maf cal and tcai in my xrunner and it screms after 3500 rpm
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd?

how she run?
Tell ya what, I'd race your AC, empty with just you in the truck, against me, in my DC, WITH the Rack, With the shell, with three other people in the truck, AND 400lbs of tools. I'd beat you like a rented mule
Old 08-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Tell ya what, I'd race your AC, empty with just you in the truck, against me, in my DC, WITH the Rack, With the shell, with three other people in the truck, AND 400lbs of tools. I'd beat you like a rented mule
Tell you what, you bring your AC, you bring your DC, and I will race you both and I dont even have a MAF cal... Any takers???
Old 08-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Tell you what, you bring your AC, you bring your DC, and I will race you both and I dont even have a MAF cal... Any takers???
uh, yeah, you have a supercharger, of course you're gonna beat us both
Old 08-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #16
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
uh, yeah, you have a supercharger, of course you're gonna beat us both
So, you never said I couldnt bring it... I figured since you guys were measuring your dicks I would just slap my supercharged horse cack on the table and declare it a victory. LMAO...
Old 08-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
So, you never said I couldnt bring it... I figured since you guys were measuring your dicks I would just slap my supercharged horse cack on the table and declare it a victory. LMAO...
Allright Chas, if it makes you feel better....yes you have a very fast truck
Old 08-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #18
Quote:
Allright Chas, if it makes you feel better....yes you have a very fast truck
I am just jerking you guys around. Nothing personal. I have actually yet to push my truck to an excessive speed. But man does it get up to normal speed excessivly quick.

On a side note, I am trying to decide if I want/need the URD Maf cal, fuel pump, and 7th injector upgrade for my truck.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #19
Banned
it's all good