Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Supercharger-how far before fuel pump upgrade.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger-how far before fuel pump upgrade.

Just supercharged my VISA and ordered a "TRD SUPERCHARGER" Yay - how far can you go before you absolutely need a bigger fuel pump. I already have an X-1, k/n intake, dtlt headers, 2.5" mbrp exhaust. If i throw on the trd supachagah will the stock fuel pump and the supplied trd bigger (425) injectors be sufficient. Considering i have the correct map uploaded in the x-1.

I don't race and no long boosted sprints for me, just exta towing oomph and testosterone boost once in a while. By the way I got it out the door shipped to Hawaii for $3883 fit kit n all from ShopTRD.com. Best prices i could find from a reputable site.

I am going to attempt this install myself and have done countless searching and research. I installed everything else myself including the notorious X-1 cam shaft sprocket install so i'm diving into this one with me and my laptop and tacoma worlds knowledge. I'm jizzing every 10 seconds knowing that it is on it's way here. oooh, oooh .....

At what point do i need an oil cooler, fuel pump, valve body trans upgrade, re-financed mortgage etc.................
Old 08-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think you will be just fine with the stock pulley. If you sttart going smaller then upgrade the pump.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #4
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I would get one asap, even more so with the X1. There are two plus sides for getting the fuel pump, its keeps your pressure stable (very important under boost) and you can change out the filter. Oil cooler would be a good investment too, as for the VB you can wait until your pushing more ponies.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Agreed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
I would get one asap, even more so with the X1. There are two plus sides for getting the fuel pump, its keeps your pressure stable (very important under boost) and you can change out the filter. Oil cooler would be a good investment too, as for the VB you can wait until your pushing more ponies.
It wont hurt to get it now if you have the funds... I have heard of VB upgrades pending increased HP levels. With stock pulley your boost levels are in line with what the APR is set to run pending you have the right MAP. If you start to run lean which could be viewed via an A/F monitor gauge such as AEM or similar, then you definately need larger injectors, 7th inj, and or a fuel pump.

Enjoy Boost...
Old 08-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
Going to smaller pulleys is what will change boost on the supercharger and with smaller pulleys bigger injectors and fuel pump is a must. Looks like an upgraded fuel pump is a good idea but not an absolute must with my set up.

Can i modify APR base calibration maps by simply renaming it for eg:
Tta40.03A.F_425.zip(supercharger map) renamed to Tta40.03A.F3_425.AprCal1 - this would be the supercharger map with the "F3" no catalytic converter hot calibration. Is this correct?

For just standard boost with the TRD how important is an oil cooler on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 being most. I'll definitely switch to synthetic oil now.

Lastly, is there a plug and play A/F guage for the X1, or any plug and play guages for the supercharger.

Thanks all.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
This is how it works on the X1 for F files
F1 is base tune (cats on) with speedlimiter
F2 is base tune (cats on) without speedlimiter
F3 is hot tune (no cats) without speedlimiter
This is why you REALLY should get the upgraded fuel pump, if the X1 cannot keep the desired a/f ratio and/or fuel pressure it will go into limp mode.
As for the oil cooler, I would consider it a 4, but it depends on you driving style, for sustained hard driving, I would get it, if not then no. There is no plug and play gauges for the X1, many have tried but it's easier to run them separately.