Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Popular Magnaflow muffler for Tacoma's?

Old 08-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Popular Magnaflow muffler for Tacoma's?

hey i was just looking around at magnaflow mufflers and was wondering which muffler is a popular one that people run on there Tacoma's?

all i can see on there website is different dimensions of muffler and in/out styles

i know for Flowmaster its like super 44 and 40 series for top choice on tacomas
Old 08-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
muffla bump
Old 08-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Me too...alot of the vids on YouTube don't say what model they're running. Looking to buy something in the next 2 weeks & I'm tired of buying Flowmasters.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #5

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
^pm sent bout that
Old 08-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
Iakopa84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Iakopa84's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about the magnaflows, but I saw a vid of a gibson exhaust on a tacoma and I really liked the way it sounded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lmFXUUBYnw
Old 08-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
The best thing to do is find a shop that will cut the old one out and let you try a few out before you get one welded in. Not all shops will do that, but ask around and some will. I have the Magnaflow 12226. It's a 14" muffler. The shorter, the louder, and the longer, the quieter. So an 18'' or 22'' are pretty quiet. I just went into the shop and took this one, since it was the only Magnaflow they had. Some older people might consider it sort of loud, but it's just right to me. When you crank it, it growls pretty good. It's pretty quiet at idle, just a really low slight rumble. But once you take off and increase rpms, the rumble grows and gets a nice deeper pitch. As you peak, at say 55mph, it keeps the steady rumble, but quieter than when you are increasing rpms. It's not too bad of a drone with the radio at a moderate level. And after I got it, I had my buddy drive by in my truck to hear it myself and it sounded pretty good. I'd say the sound matches these trucks pretty well. This model is not too quiet, not so loud that it doesn't suit the truck or wakes the neighborhood up, and not like a bumble-bee/ricer honda civic. I've had plenty of good compliments on how it sounds and no negative comments. It sounds a little more "powerful" or "tough."

I would make a video and post it for you, but I don't have a nice camera or anything. So it would sound just like every other youtube exhaust video. Sorry. Best best for you is my first advice. Try to find a shop that will let you hear it on your truck before you buy it, because it's hard to choose one with only the crappy quality of a youtube video.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #8

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Well thanks for that bit I guess its based of inchs well I just wanna know cuz ima try and host a group buy on them and wanna know the style of exhaust to do it with
Old 08-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #9
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the Magnaflow 18" on mine. Just cut out the old muffler and welded the Magnaflow in. On start-up, it sounds nice but once it's at idle, it's not noticeable. Once you begin accelerating into the mid 1500-3000 range, it sounds real nice. Not terribly loud but certainly noticeable in a good way. At highway cruising speeds, a radio set at about volume 20 will drown out any droning sounds. A V6 will never sound like a V8 but IMO it's just right for my 4.0L truck
Old 08-07-2011, 12:42 AM   #10

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I've got the Magnaflow 18" on mine. Just cut out the old muffler and welded the Magnaflow in. On start-up, it sounds nice but once it's at idle, it's not noticeable. Once you begin accelerating into the mid 1500-3000 range, it sounds real nice. Not terribly loud but certainly noticeable in a good way. At highway cruising speeds, a radio set at about volume 20 will drown out any droning sounds. A V6 will never sound like a V8 but IMO it's just right for my 4.0L truck

nice maybe ill aim for the 16 and 18's
Old 08-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
CurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Curtis
CurboCycles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iakopa84 View Post
I don't know about the magnaflows, but I saw a vid of a gibson exhaust on a tacoma and I really liked the way it sounded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lmFXUUBYnw

Im running a gibson exhaust and AFE intake and my truck sounds almost the same as this one. I like that its not loud unless you really gas it. In my case, my truck is louder when wide open due to my AFE stage 2 intake. I'm looking at getting some y-pipes soon.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
ourtoy is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
ourtoy's Tacoma Gallery
i like my magnaflow offroad pro series
Old 12-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourtoy View Post
I have someting similar just in a cat back system not a b4 axle dump
Old 01-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #15
coolest memeber
kuwaition91 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
kuwaition91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourtoy View Post
do you have a video of your exhaust? iv been looking at the same one
Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #16
jdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of light
jdm.obp's Tacoma Gallery
Just had an 18" Magna installed today, I believe it's part number is 12255. Sounds great when when I get on it and nice and quiet when idle.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #17
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
magnaflow ftw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyJKy...6cAUAAAAAAAAAA

on my 3.4l, 18" 2.25 in/out
Old 02-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #18
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take a video clip of my magnaflow in the morning..as well as the part #s etc. I have the catback on my truck...