Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AFe Install

Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
TRD
prerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
prerunner32's Tacoma Gallery
AFe Install

Sorry guys for the quick thread. Kind of crunched on time and super stoked about my new intake. What is the approximate time for the install? I want to do it before I go to work if its fast enough. Seems like maybe hour at the most?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
30 minutes.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
Rhum.
RugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Paul
RugbyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You're prolly looking at 1-2 hours depending on how "hands on" you are. Maybe less if you're real handy
Old 08-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
TRD
prerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyTaco View Post
You're prolly looking at 1-2 hours depending on how "hands on" you are. Maybe less if you're real handy
Cool thanks. Yea I could probably say I am on the handy side.. haha.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
Rhum.
RugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Paul
RugbyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
30 minutes.
Thats gotta be a record! or maybe those "refreshments" are slowing me down..
Old 08-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyTaco View Post
Thats gotta be a record! or maybe those "refreshments" are slowing me down..
Survey says yes.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #7
TRD

Quote:
Survey says yes.
descided Im just going to do it after work... Ill time myself and well see whos faster
Old 08-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner32 View Post
descided Im just going to do it after work... Ill time myself and well see whos faster
Smart man. Don't do mods before you have to be somewhere.

If you beat me I will send you and icookie.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
TRD

Quote:
Smart man. Don't do mods before you have to be somewhere.

If you beat me I will send you and icookie.
Took about 40 min or so Pretty freakin easy if you ask me!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
TRD

I got the stage 2 Si Oiled. Actually ordered the pro dry but 4wheelparts screwed up my order (wasnt surprised) and ended up getting the oiled. I dont really mind to much though cause I have heard the oiled is a little quieter. I was surprised how loud this thing is. I have a K&N on my Silverado and it wasnt nearly this loud. Sounds really good though and notice a little throttle response especially on the top end. Just filled the tank up with 91 so Im gonna do a mpg test and get back with the results.

I thought the directions were pretty easy? And the hose clamps were pretty self explanatory? 4 clamps, 2 sizes, 1 big rubber fitting, and one smaller rubber fitting. Smaller hose clamps on smaller fitting and bigger hose clamps on bigger fitting

Here is what I got:
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...0L&&brandID=56
Old 08-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #11
vanzigler is on a distinguished road
Name: Van
vanzigler's Tacoma Gallery
aFe Install

Hey guys how's everybody doing? Anyways the aFe cold air intake install took me about 3 hours to install cuz one of the stock rusted bolts broke on me. I had to drill the bolt out of there and then I had to tap it, then I went to Home Depot to get bolts for it. After everything was tightened down I played around with the intake tube so I can put the engine cover back on. But everything was worth it cuz I'm saving a bit on gas and I like the sound it makes!