Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
f1rstGen03
Tacoma03SR5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Math
Tacoma03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Air Box Failure-Damaged + Poll

Please tell me,

First, does anyone ever see that type of damage? Second: What I should do, Buy a air intake kit? Buy a used one?

Look at this too and tell me what you think... its a intake tube...

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/installin...nsider-117184/
Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
never seen that happen before. You could probably fix it with some epoxy or you could just buy a cold air intake. I have the afe stage 2 it works great and looks really nice.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Maybe this is a situation where an actual cold air intake may be necessary. You could also seal it temporarily with something and look for the stock box.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
S&B intake:

Volant intake:

Old 08-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
If you decide to go with a stock intake to replace that one, let me know. I'd be willing to part with my old one cheap and it only has about 7 or 8k on it.

*edit* I'm not sure if mine will fit a 2003 but it if it does, the offer is there.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKLives View Post
If you decide to go with a stock intake to replace that one, let me know. I'd be willing to part with my old one cheap and it only has about 7 or 8k on it.

*edit* I'm not sure if mine will fit a 2003 but it if it does, the offer is there.
definitly wont fit unless you use alot of imagination and duck tape
Old 08-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
f1rstGen03

Thanks a lot guys... I'll keep you in touch!!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC View Post
definitly wont fit unless you use alot of imagination and duck tape
I've got an extra roll of duct tape that can be shipped as well ....
Old 08-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
f1rstGen03

Just Fix !!

Today, I bought a used air box for 40$. I just start removing the MAF and realized it was tight fit and wont come out... Arrghh...

So, I remember that I had my old CAI from my 04 Corolla... Same MAF.
A couple of hour of work and "Fitting" later, here's the result;

Before:

After:

Really satisfy about the result... A little throaty sound come out in high ends..Really nice!!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #10
-Don-
donaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to all

Name: Donald
donaldwagner's Tacoma Gallery
duct tape
Old 08-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
Banned
Hmmm. Let's hope moving the MAF didn't change the way it reads the incoming air.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
if all you replaced was the tube, how are you getting a deeper sound? Wouldn't the sound only change if you increase the amount of air coming in at the filter?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
f1rstGen03

I think cold air intake kit move the Maf emplacement too...I don't think it can damaged anything...???
Old 08-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #14
f1rstGen03

No, I think the aluminum tube create the sound... because it does...