Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

MAF Tuning

Old 10-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question MAF Tuning

Ok, so I'm at the point of either renting the tools needed to tune my truck, or take it to a performance shop and fork out some cash. Anyone here self tuned their truck with satisfied results?

What are the steps, and what am I looking for? I uploaded the software on my laptop and no dice, cant do nothing with it. Or, do I need to hook it up to my OBDII port for it to actually become active.

Hey, install is easy and the MAF Cali does have possitive effects, but where is my guidance if I never even tested normal ranges of AFR for any vehicle.

Some, any guidance would be helpful. I will do it on my own if it's cut and dry. Trial and error leads to bad days..

Thanks in advance...
Old 10-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I totally agree...
Old 10-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
hey eddy, do u think now that u got the new pulley. does it affect it that much that your gonna need a re-tune?
Old 10-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
hey eddy, do u think now that u got the new pulley. does it affect it that much that your gonna need a re-tune?
Nah. I havent tunned yet, but when dealing with pulleys; you are basically reducing drivetrain drag, rather than effecting the Air/Fuel ratios.

Anything dealing with internals ie... compression, AFR, exhaust would need tuning.

Belts drag and all would just start effecting power. Good for increased Throttle, but if not careful, you can start reducing alternator performance and all. But I would not worry to much because NST seem to have a good rep on the perf market. And seem to be comitted to producing some quality mods for the Tacoma.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
Read this. http://www.gadgetonline.com/U-Tune.pdf

It's got all the info you're looking for.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Enjoying my addiction

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyobuyo View Post
Read this. http://www.gadgetonline.com/U-Tune.pdf

It's got all the info you're looking for.
Yup, guess I will be tuning at a shop. That PDF was foreign to me. I will stick to Bolt ons but tuning will be the job of qualified Techs.

Thanks for the link though...
Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Bookmarked that one.Thanks for the link.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #10
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
No problem. I'm hoping I'll have the cash for a MAF cal and other goodies next year.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I am calling on Gadget for some help with this one as I am curious as well...

Gadget@URD
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mem...adget-urd.html