Notices

Turbo Install

Old 08-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Hoyt is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Detective
Name: Mike
Hoyt's Tacoma Gallery
Turbo Install

Anyone know how long it should take a professional shop to install a turbo, headers, and exhaust. My truck has been at the shop for 2 weeks and they say that it should be ready on Wednesday but who knows. FRUSTRATED!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
if they were actually working on it without problems a day. obviously its been sitting there. Id go there and bitch at them. Id be pissed!!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
We would surely need more info to even come close to answering that question..I have done kits and custom installs, from 1 day to 1 week, if thats the only thing I am working on.

Hey Torspd quit following me!!! AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!! J/K
Old 08-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I bet it is an ebay turbo kit.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:54 AM   #7
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a car, at the shop where I frequent, with one. Saturn ls sedan or something like that. Early 2000. Brought in an eBay kit, and want them to install it. Also said that he didn't want them to spend to much time cause he didn't want to pay to much for labor. They installed it and tested it at 2 psi. Wouldn't go higher. Left it there, and on the stock Saturn ecu. Said it scared them, but the owner "liked the turbo sound and was happy." Said that thing was a time bomb. Lol
Old 08-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Lol. SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttBANG .....Crap.....Mom's going to kill for fucking up her car.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
Hoyt's Tacoma Gallery
NO IT IS NOT A E-BAY KIT!!!! ASSHOLE

Custom fab Precision Turbo. It is going to be a mid mount to cut on some cost, not really into popping the hood in the wal-mart parking lot to show it off. Just found out that the air to air cooler isn't going to work because of the Relentless front bumper I have coming (not enough room behind the winch) so they are doing a water to air cooler. Don't know what is better? They have had my truck going on three weeks but after reading so things on TW and talking to the shop they admitted that my truck sat for a week and a half before they started on it. Also JBA sent a flawed drivers side header that needed to be swapped out due to it having contact with the transmission. Who knows when I am getting my truck back this is killing me.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #13
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
If it is not a bolt on kit then 2 weeks isn't a big deal
Old 08-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #16
06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough

Navy: Engineman
Name: Tanner
06yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Even if it was a bolt on doesn't mean it would be any quicker. Most bolt on kits are not test fitted after production only the first mock up usually is. 2 weeks is not that bad!! It just means that the job should done professionally and real clean like.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #18
Hoyt's Tacoma Gallery
Checked with the shop today, my flawed JBA drivers side header is in suppose to be installed today. They had to reorder a custom made air to water inner cooler that is suppose to be here either tomorrow or Friday. So they said my truck is suppose to be done on Friday. Don't see it happening it will be a month on Monday
Old 08-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #20
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Wait your frustrated? Your putting on a turbo headers and exhaust system? Chill broo I'd wait years just to have the chance to say it was in the shop getting that put on!