Wicked Flow vs. Flowmaster 10 Series

View Poll Results: Which one?
Wicked Flow 5 27.78%
Flowmaster 10 Series 10 55.56%
Other (Please specify in thread) 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Wicked Flow vs. Flowmaster 10 Series

Opinions? The deeper/louder/throatier the better. I know Flowmaster has a bad rep for restricting airflow, but is that with the single chamber mufflers as well????? I do not want a decrease in hp. Also, if you guys have any sound clips I'd love to see them. I found some on youtube, but not many for a 1st gen 3.4. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting the flowmaster super 10 installed in 2 weeks. I Can't imagine it being very restrictive as it is a race muffler and is very small. If there was any hp loss I would doubt you would even feel it.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My thoughts, exactly. Thanks, LUSETACO. I've also heard that the super 10 can have a terrible vibration and drone at certain RPMs since it is so close to open pipes. I'm still on the fence...
Old 08-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I was on the fence for a month before I finally pulled the trigger. I've got a super 40 now that I've had for 3 years. About 2 months ago I dumped the exhaust and it eliminated all the drone I had at 1500 rpm. I'm installing the 10 series on the same dumped stock pipes, so we will see how it goes. If it's to ungodly loud I'm thinking of putting in a resonator.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
I voted fm 10. I have the 13 inch wicked flow now and you know it's there but not really that loud and the tone is deep but kinda boring with no rumble just monotone. Also it does drone at 2500 rpm, idk how everyone says they don't. I have a kamikaze muffler on the way (also made by wicked flow) and supposedly it's supposed to have the flowmaster 10 type sound but with higher quality and flow. just wanted something louder with more character...
Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
I was on the fence for a month before I finally pulled the trigger. I've got a super 40 now that I've had for 3 years. About 2 months ago I dumped the exhaust and it eliminated all the drone I had at 1500 rpm. I'm installing the 10 series on the same dumped stock pipes, so we will see how it goes. If it's to ungodly loud I'm thinking of putting in a resonator.
Good to know! I do plan on dumping it so hopefully it won't be too bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
I voted fm 10. I have the 13 inch wicked flow now and you know it's there but not really that loud and the tone is deep but kinda boring with no rumble just monotone. Also it does drone at 2500 rpm, idk how everyone says they don't. I have a kamikaze muffler on the way (also made by wicked flow) and supposedly it's supposed to have the flowmaster 10 type sound but with higher quality and flow. just wanted something louder with more character...
Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about the wicked flow. Did not know about the drone... I've also heard a lot of good things about the kamikaze. I definately want my sound to have character. Monotone is not what I'm looking for.

Hopefully someone with the Kamikaze will chim in...
Old 08-14-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
Kamikaze is stupid loud. Got pulled over after having it on 10 minutes. We compared the kamikaze to no muffler when I went to take it back to remove and I could not tell the difference, 4 other techs that work at the shop said same thing.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by willimatic View Post
Kamikaze is stupid loud. Got pulled over after having it on 10 minutes. We compared the kamikaze to no muffler when I went to take it back to remove and I could not tell the difference, 4 other techs that work at the shop said same thing.
Dang.

Hummmmm.......
Old 08-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #9
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by willimatic View Post
What do you have on there now?
Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #11
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Silas,

As soon as my wicked flow comes in I will have it installed. We could meet-up so you can hear it.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #12
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
he put the regular wicked flow back on...
gotcha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
Silas,

As soon as my wicked flow comes in I will have it installed. We could meet-up so you can hear it.
Sounds good, man! Wish you had a 1st gen..... Ah well, at least I can get an idea of how it sounds.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
Über Posre

bump
Old 08-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #14
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
i have a super 10, but a v6 2nd gen, its super loud man, ive gotten pulled over and warned twice, its heard two streets away if im on the gas haha but i love it, i wanted the loudest sound possible without straight piping it. i had a super 44 and it was a nice tone but not loud enough for me, the 10 is perfect right now but i can see myself changing it out as i get older
Old 08-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #15
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
i have a super 10, but a v6 2nd gen, its super loud man, ive gotten pulled over and warned twice, its heard two streets away if im on the gas haha but i love it, i wanted the loudest sound possible without straight piping it. i had a super 44 and it was a nice tone but not loud enough for me, the 10 is perfect right now but i can see myself changing it out as i get older
Nice. That's what I'm looking for!!! hahahaha The cops usually aren't too bad in my neck of the woods...

Do you still get a nice tone/rumble with the super 10? (NOT like straight pipes.) I also like the sound of the super 44s--I just don't like how restrictive they are.... That's why I'm looking into the Super 10. Well.... that and the fact that it's louder.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #16
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Nice. That's what I'm looking for!!! hahahaha The cops usually aren't too bad in my neck of the woods...

Do you still get a nice tone/rumble with the super 10? (NOT like straight pipes.) I also like the sound of the super 44s--I just don't like how restrictive they are.... That's why I'm looking into the Super 10. Well.... that and the fact that it's louder.
haha yeah well one of the cops pulled me over to ask what exhaust i have so i guess that doesnt count but i got warned about dickhead cops that would pull me over for it
ive heard straight pipes and they sound so dumb, this is as loud as a straight pipe but it has a nice tone, its a bit deep and then gets kinda high pitched after about 3500 but its got a really nice tone, when im bored at work tomorrow ill take a video of it and figure out how to upload on to here
Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #17
Über Posre

Quote:
haha yeah well one of the cops pulled me over to ask what exhaust i have so i guess that doesnt count but i got warned about dickhead cops that would pull me over for it
ive heard straight pipes and they sound so dumb, this is as loud as a straight pipe but it has a nice tone, its a bit deep and then gets kinda high pitched after about 3500 but its got a really nice tone, when im bored at work tomorrow ill take a video of it and figure out how to upload on to here
cops are awesome sometimes! lol And yeah, I agree that straight pipes sound pretty dumb. Good to know that it has a nice tone. A video would be awesome!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
cops are awesome sometimes! lol And yeah, I agree that straight pipes sound pretty dumb. Good to know that it has a nice tone. A video would be awesome!
stand by
Old 08-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #19
Über Posre

Quote:
stand by
Standing by...

Thanks btw
Old 08-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #20
if i dont post it up by tomorrow night just pm me and remind me to do it