Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Install TRD exhaust and air intake my self.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
lynchya2day is on a distinguished road
Army:
lynchya2day's Tacoma Gallery
Install TRD exhaust and air intake my self.

First two upgrades on my new 2011 Tacoma off road, and was wondering if its smart to install the TRD exhaust and intake myself or would it give toyota an excuse to void my platinum warrantee, and not service my vehicle. Thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 04:51 AM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchya2day View Post
First two upgrades on my new 2011 Tacoma off road, and was wondering if its smart to install the TRD exhaust and intake myself or would it give toyota an excuse to void my platinum warrantee, and not service my vehicle. Thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #3
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Some dealerships are cool about mods, some arn't. I know that if they install them it should keep your warrenty intact. But you could install them and if you have a major issue, reinstall the stock items then take the truck into them. Prob best to just talk to the service department and feel em out.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Google the magnusson-moss act. The dealership cannot deny your warranty claim unless they can prove the aftermarket part directly led to the failure
Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Be sure to handle the MAF sensor gently, that's the one that screws into your intake tube with the wires coming out of it, it's not hard to damage.