LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Supercharger - should i keep scangauge.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger - should i keep scangauge.

The TRD supercharger is in and running top notch now that i have the correct X1 map installed - now i want to have minimal gauges to keep interior less cluttered. I have a scangauge II and monitor A/FR, Intake temp, water temp, and volts as my standard display. I'm definitely going to get a separate wideband and already have an AEM 0-15psi boost gauge ordered. I'm looking at the Aeroforce interceptor but having a hard time justifying to get rid of my $160 scangauge. With the interceptor i can have less gauges (can add 2 additional analog gauges for it to display) and it does what the scangauge can do and more.

Or,

I could keep the scangauge and get an aeroforce "analogic" gauge (w/ no obdII parameters) but can hook up 4 additional analog gauges and 2 EGT gauges. I would add the AF/R, oil pressure, fuel pressure, oil temp.

The one parameter that the interceptor gauge has that stands out is the Tranny temp gauge (don't need separate sensor), however, if i am not towing and as a daily driver with the occasional hard boost/sprint how important is it to monitor tranny temp. This is my decision maker if anyone has some insight to the many options out there.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You could sell the SG for 100ish so you make up some of the cost on the Areforce gauge. Personally I would keep it for MPG purposes. When and if I go with a supercharger I would run boost, AFR, tranny temp, oil pressure and water temp gauges. 2 in a Flex Pod and 3 in a panel covering the space in front of the cup holders.