Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Chipped tacoma...

Old 10-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Chipped tacoma...

Anybody here Chip there Tacoma's? I remember having my Audi chipped and gained a ton of performance but that was on a Turbo engine. Anyone here have input on chipping there ECU's? Also are there any chips that can be removed if needing to bring the truck into the dealer. My Audi was flashed and could turn the chip off and put it back to stock without anybody knowing. It was undetectable to any Vag-Com tool.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 10-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
the chip in the tacoma is soldered in from my understanding. jet offers an ecu upgrade for the tacoma. i'm not willing to shell out the $400 for it right now. it seems like the ecu would be last last performance mod to do because jet asks for a list of performance parts installed before they upgrade the ECU

here is the link

http://www.jetchip.com/Shop/shopdisp...ppp=10&catID=1
Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
05DoubleTaco is on a distinguished road

05DoubleTaco's Tacoma Gallery
No, no, no

NO JET CHIP

It's a major waste of $$

What your looking for is a MAF CAL from URD. Many of us have them as well as a simple tune, and are getting decent gains from this. I'd recommend it! Look at other recent posts about the MAF CAL.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05DoubleTaco View Post
No, no, no

NO JET CHIP

It's a major waste of $$

What your looking for is a MAF CAL from URD. Many of us have them as well as a simple tune, and are getting decent gains from this. I'd recommend it! Look at other recent posts about the MAF CAL.

X2!