LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD Supercharger Intake ???

Old 10-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
05DoubleTaco is on a distinguished road

05DoubleTaco's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Supercharger Intake ???

Will my K&N intake work with the TRD blower, or do I have to go back to the factory intake?

Also, with tuning, I understand Toyota has a simple tune offered. How will this work in conjunction with my URD MAF CAL and current tune?
Old 10-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think toyota will even touch ur truck after they see that u hooked up the maf cal
Old 10-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05DoubleTaco View Post
Will my K&N intake work with the TRD blower, or do I have to go back to the factory intake?

Also, with tuning, I understand Toyota has a simple tune offered. How will this work in conjunction with my URD MAF CAL and current tune?
K&N will work fine. That's the intake I'm currently running on the blower. The TRD ECU flash is a good start for a stock blower. Pull of the MAF cal, as it will cause problems if you try to flash the ECU with that on it. You could go back and retune it afterwards if you wanted too, but at this point its not really worth it. If you are looking to further tune the truck for power go with the APR X-1 or the map ecu 2. You will get MUCH MUCH more from either of those two units then you will with just the MAF cal.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
The URD MAF Sensor Calibrator will work fine with the TRD Supercharger. You will need to retune it after the supercharger is installed.

The program in the unit is not going to be right for the new combination. You should rest the fuel table to a neutral value before the installation which will make the Calibrator act as it is not even there.

URD has several tuning options for you as well as a fuel pump/filter upgrade and a higher boost pulley for the TRD Supercharger. We have tuning options that allow you to completely skip the reflash from the Toyota dealer. That way you can remove the supercharger later if you decide to sell/trade your truck. Once it is reflashed you can't go back to stock unless you buy a new ECU.

If you want you can give me a call at 877-887-3872 x3 and we can talk over the different tuning options and help you decide what is best for you.

Gadget
Old 10-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
05DoubleTaco is on a distinguished road

05DoubleTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
The URD MAF Sensor Calibrator will work fine with the TRD Supercharger. You will need to retune it after the supercharger is installed.

The program in the unit is not going to be right for the new combination. You should rest the fuel table to a neutral value before the installation which will make the Calibrator act as it is not even there.

URD has several tuning options for you as well as a fuel pump/filter upgrade and a higher boost pulley for the TRD Supercharger. We have tuning options that allow you to completely skip the reflash from the Toyota dealer. That way you can remove the supercharger later if you decide to sell/trade your truck. Once it is reflashed you can't go back to stock unless you buy a new ECU.

If you want you can give me a call at 877-887-3872 x3 and we can talk over the different tuning options and help you decide what is best for you.

Gadget

Just the man I was looking to hear from.

Thanks for all the info, and I'll keep this thread saved. The blower hasn't been ordered yet, but I'm expecting sometime in late winter. When I finally get everything, I'll be sure to give you a call. Your just right down 270 anyways.

Many Thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever you do, get ahold of me before you let that dealer reflash your ECU.

Gadget