1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Supercharger Intake ???

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 05DoubleTaco, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Oct 28, 2008 at 3:44 PM
    05DoubleTaco

05DoubleTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2005 Lifted DoubleCab
    3" Toytec Lift, 285/75/16 Cooper STT, Moto Metal 951 Wheels, Magnaflow Exhaust, K&N Intake, URD MAF & Tune, Full Stereo w/ Marv Custom Box
    Will my K&N intake work with the TRD blower, or do I have to go back to the factory intake?

Also, with tuning, I understand Toyota has a simple tune offered. How will this work in conjunction with my URD MAF CAL and current tune?

2. Oct 28, 2008 at 3:52 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    i dont think toyota will even touch ur truck after they see that u hooked up the maf cal

3. Oct 28, 2008 at 7:25 PM
    XrunnIT

XrunnIT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    1GR-GZE X-Runner
    Built Motor by LC Engineering Boosted by TRD
    K&N will work fine. That's the intake I'm currently running on the blower. The TRD ECU flash is a good start for a stock blower. Pull of the MAF cal, as it will cause problems if you try to flash the ECU with that on it. You could go back and retune it afterwards if you wanted too, but at this point its not really worth it. If you are looking to further tune the truck for power go with the APR X-1 or the map ecu 2. You will get MUCH MUCH more from either of those two units then you will with just the MAF cal.

4. Oct 29, 2008 at 10:23 AM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    The URD MAF Sensor Calibrator will work fine with the TRD Supercharger. You will need to retune it after the supercharger is installed.

The program in the unit is not going to be right for the new combination. You should rest the fuel table to a neutral value before the installation which will make the Calibrator act as it is not even there.

URD has several tuning options for you as well as a fuel pump/filter upgrade and a higher boost pulley for the TRD Supercharger. We have tuning options that allow you to completely skip the reflash from the Toyota dealer. That way you can remove the supercharger later if you decide to sell/trade your truck. Once it is reflashed you can't go back to stock unless you buy a new ECU.

If you want you can give me a call at 877-887-3872 x3 and we can talk over the different tuning options and help you decide what is best for you.

Gadget

5. Oct 29, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    05DoubleTaco

05DoubleTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2005 Lifted DoubleCab
    3" Toytec Lift, 285/75/16 Cooper STT, Moto Metal 951 Wheels, Magnaflow Exhaust, K&N Intake, URD MAF & Tune, Full Stereo w/ Marv Custom Box

Just the man I was looking to hear from.

Thanks for all the info, and I'll keep this thread saved. The blower hasn't been ordered yet, but I'm expecting sometime in late winter. When I finally get everything, I'll be sure to give you a call. Your just right down 270 anyways. :thumbsup:

Many Thanks

6. Oct 29, 2008 at 9:19 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    Whatever you do, get ahold of me before you let that dealer reflash your ECU.

Gadget

Products Discussed in

To Top