Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

All (4) O2 sensors replaced. Still have check engine light

Old 09-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
All (4) O2 sensors replaced. Still have check engine light

Like the title sais^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Codes P0031 & P0051

I have also checked and its the A/F heater relay and its good.. Any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No one?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
fuses?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you did but I'll ask anyway; you disconnected the battery to reset the codes?

Check fuses.

Check the wiring running to the sensors that an animal hasn't eaten your wiring for dinner.

Check for pinched or burned wiring especially around the EGR Valve or anywhere that gets hot.

Check ground wires that connect to frame.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Check fuses.

Check the wiring running to the sensors that an animal hasn't eaten your wiring for dinner.

Check for pinched or burned wiring especially around the EGR Valve or anywhere that gets hot.

This is exactly what I was going to say. According to my diagnostic flow chart, the only things that can cause these codes are bad wiring, bad o2 sensors, bad relay, or bad pcm. Since you've already replaced the o2 sensors and tested the relay, we know that's not the problem, so I'm guessing at a bad wire somewhere, cause I don't even want to think that it's the pcm. If you need help with the wiring diagrams or connector end diagrams let me know.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
I'm sure you did but I'll ask anyway; you disconnected the battery to reset the codes?

Check fuses.

Pretty much have done all mentioned above . As far as fuses are their any for these besides the relay?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
Pretty much have done all mentioned above . As far as fuses are their any for these besides the relay?
Have you actually ohm checked all the wires related to the o2 sensor system with a digital multimeter? Just because you inspected the wiring visually does not mean its not messed up somewhere inside that you can't physically see. I'll find a wiring diagram for you and post it up, maybe that can help you diagnose it a little better.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/ilea...ta/0050015.pdf

I'd test the relay coil and contacts
Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #9