Notices

FYI new muffler+dumped added torque!!!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
Banned
sublimetaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Michael
sublimetaco's Tacoma Gallery
FYI new muffler+dumped added torque!!!

i really wanted to add this so if anyone searches they would know...

i cut the huge stock muffler off, put a wicked flow 13" muffler on, then put a turn down right after it. drives like a beast compared to what it did with the stock and all the piping. it takes off like i actually added horsepower to it. low end torque is great now.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same thing but with a Flowmaster Super44. I'm looking in to different options because I feel like I lost some low end torque, not much but for me to feel a difference. How does your badboy sound? Is there a lot of drone in the cabin?
Old 09-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The sound is making you think the truck is faster but more than likely it is slower now.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
The butt dyno isn't the most accurate
Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The sound is making you think the truck is faster but more than likely it is slower now.
Heavy foot mod.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Butt Dyno doesn't count. Next thread.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Braaaaaaap!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #9
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
i did that with a Cherry Bomb pro and i can do burnouts easier than when my exhaust was stock.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
i did that with a Cherry Bomb pro and i can do burnouts easier than when my exhaust was stock.
And that means?
Old 09-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
yeah i deff lost low end with my aeroturbine dumped over axle

Anything that doesn't change anything above the cats shouldn't affect your low end at all, really.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
You guys can add your 100 octane and dumper mufflers but the reality is this trucks are slow heavy turds. Just enjoy them for what they are...good looking reliable trucks.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #14
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimetaco View Post
i really wanted to add this so if anyone searches they would know...

i cut the huge stock muffler off, put a wicked flow 13" muffler on, then put a turn down right after it. drives like a beast compared to what it did with the stock and all the piping. it takes off like i actually added horsepower to it. low end torque is great now.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
You guys can add your 100 octane and dumper mufflers but the reality is this trucks are slow heavy turds. Just enjoy them for what they are...good looking reliable trucks.
pretty much this.

Eh you get tired of driving a car that keeps up with street bikes. thats why I ended up with a taco.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #16

Different cars for different purposes. Truck is a good play vehicle. Want speed? Get a sports car. Econo-box for daily driving.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #17
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Anything that doesn't change anything above the cats shouldn't affect your low end at all, really.
due to lack of backpressure i lost a tiny bit on throttle response in the 1000-1800rpm range hardly noticible but i know my truck...just sayin deff did not have "gains" as the op stated...
Old 09-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
due to lack of backpressure i lost a tiny bit on throttle response in the 1000-1800rpm range hardly noticible but i know my truck...just sayin deff did not have "gains" as the op stated...
You shouldnt have ANY back pressure in an exhaust.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #19
Banned
sublimetaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Michael
sublimetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn you guys want to argue everything, I'm not ignorant. I KNOW it gained low end torque. It picks up way better.

And yes I know this isn't a fast vehicle. I'm not trying to make it "fast". This is why I have a 12 second mach 1 mustang. And a civic. One for each of my driving.

The drone isn't bad, sound isn't ideally what I wanted but I like it.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #20
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimetaco View Post
Damn you guys want to argue everything, I'm not ignorant. I KNOW it gained low end torque. It picks up way better.

And yes I know this isn't a fast vehicle. I'm not trying to make it "fast". This is why I have a 12 second mach 1 mustang. And a civic. One for each of my driving.

The drone isn't bad, sound isn't ideally what I wanted but I like it.

pics of your truck