Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

quietest magnaflow help

Old 09-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
DingDong has a spectacular aura aboutDingDong has a spectacular aura aboutDingDong has a spectacular aura about
DingDong's Tacoma Gallery
quietest magnaflow help

I bought this truck and the previous owner had installed an exhaust that is too loud for my taste. Ive heard Magnaflow mufflers are respectivly quieter, and yield slight (if any) performance gains.

I am wondering which magnaflow muffler will be the quietest.

*please note that i am asking abbout Magnaflow mufflers. A friend is able to get me one at wholesale price. I am not looking for personal advice on which muffler sounds the best, or this and that.

- Round 22" case, perforated stanless steel with packing
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-10435/

- Classic Oval 18" case, 3 chamber with perforated tube
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-13255/

*or any other models, but please Magnaflow only.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
DingDong has a spectacular aura aboutDingDong has a spectacular aura aboutDingDong has a spectacular aura about
DingDong's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the replies.
Does the oval case have "packing"? all it says is perforated tube, so im assuming that it has the tube and baffles. where as the round case is straight through perforated tube with packing.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I can not help, but really want to update my stock exhaust and I have a magnaflow on my 88 pickup and really like it. But cant figure out what to get on the Tacoma, everything sounds like ass in the videos! Im with you, i just want something new and subtle with out being obnoxious. So if you get one, please let us know how it goes! Im really curious how that 22"one sounds.