Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD Intake

Old 10-30-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
KaliTaco is on a distinguished road
KaliTaco's Tacoma Gallery
URD Intake

from what i read thru searching URD intake sounds a bit louder and more growl to it. so i want to get it. I already got flows delta 50's so i want to improve the engine sound.

with this intake do you need to cut part of the front to make it wrap around like in the picture? or is it just bolt on? thanks. also can you get the filter in a different color? dont like the blue look.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah from what I understand you need to cut a hole for the intake tube, and you can't get a different color filter but you could get a pre filter and they come in a variety.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
yes, you have to cut it. It is not too difficult to do.

The blue is barely visible behind the stock grill. I ran the prefilter for a few months and then I took it off and I realized that it was hurting my fuel mileage by about 2 mpg.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
your also gonna have to splice some wires to extend ur maf sensor
Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
here is a sound clip from the front of the truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiQ4NCsl3Hg
Old 10-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
dont really want to cut anything. guess its trd or volant. thanks guys
Old 10-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #7
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliTaco View Post
dont really want to cut anything. guess its trd or volant. thanks guys
i would stay away from the volant, they run REALLY rich
Old 10-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Got a few very nice intakes to pick from here:

http://www.urdusa.com/index.php?cPat...ptjl23k491jb16

Gadget
Old 10-31-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
VinceXR has a spectacular aura aboutVinceXR has a spectacular aura about

VinceXR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
i would stay away from the volant, they run REALLY rich
Very true. I got rid of my Volant after a while. At launch it seemed ok, but my top end was crap.

I've heard alot of good about the URD and TRD
Old 10-31-2008, 09:41 PM   #10
any documentation or step by step on installing the urd?
Old 11-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #11
hardhat is on a distinguished road
hardhat's Tacoma Gallery
It comes with colored phots w/ instructions. Very straighforward and easy.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
love my trdcai. super easy to install. when i first installed it i could feel the power increase. i also got a ticket not even 30 minutes after the install. cause it sounds great when you floor it.