Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

MagnaFlow vs Banks Vs Flowmaster

Old 09-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
BadAss
KingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
KingOfTacomas's Tacoma Gallery
Question MagnaFlow vs Banks Vs Flowmaster

I want to give my truck the sound and performance it deserves.

I was thinking MagnaFlow or Banks would give it a better sound.

I don't want to strait pipe it because I think it makes it sound like a lawn mower in most cases

what do you guys think?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the magnaflow pro series offroad
Old 09-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
BadAss
KingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingOfTacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Should I get duel exit on each side or keep it single?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #6
BadAss

So two tips doesn't change the sound
Old 09-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Rennadair is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Police
Name: Renn
Rennadair's Tacoma Gallery
Dont be one of those guys that only puts one muffler on. If your gonna do it, you should do it right. Two flowmasters sound pretty good on the 4.0
Old 09-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
Sanders17 is a jewel in the roughSanders17 is a jewel in the roughSanders17 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Reed
Sanders17's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the magnaflow single. mine sounds sweet.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sound: Magnaflow or Banks

Performance: None

Chokemaster is crap but none will give you that much of a gain.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
Throughhonor is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2/25 Garden City NY
Name: Ryan
Throughhonor's Tacoma Gallery
I have a flowmaster and noticed my exhaust tips are getting grinded by my suspension, so im thinking of switching to the magnaflow pro offroad
Old 09-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #11

As long as you know how to work on things at least alittle, then you should be fine with buying the pipes and do it your self. All the guys on here that say single exhaust have clearly never had an american muscle car or truck and must love their trucks being quiet. Go with what ever brand you decide but dont go with single. It will sound much better with true duals. No cross pipe.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
True duals on a V6 is retarded.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #13

Thats because you have never done it. Its all about choosing the right sizes of pipe and mufflers for the engine size
Old 09-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #14
Banned
No it is a retarded waste of time. Maybe if it was a race truck and you needed every last bit of high end power to win but 99% of us don't. With true duals there is very little exhaust scavenging and without it you lose lower end power.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennadair View Post
As long as you know how to work on things at least alittle, then you should be fine with buying the pipes and do it your self. All the guys on here that say single exhaust have clearly never had an american muscle car or truck and must love their trucks being quiet. Go with what ever brand you decide but dont go with single. It will sound much better with true duals. No cross pipe.
pics of second gen with true duals and no crossover? Id like to see how its routed on a 4x4. All thats equates to is alot more piping an extra muffler and more noise and no real performance gains over single outlet. You want more sound add a urd or dt y pipe with a single outlet catback exhaust. Less piping bolts right up and its all in mostly the factory location.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:54 AM   #16
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTacomas View Post
So two tips doesn't change the sound
Not if your running a muffler with a single inlet and dual outlets. The duals coming out of the muffler will not change the sound of the muffler.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
pics of second gen with true duals and no crossover? Id like to see how its routed on a 4x4. All thats equates to is alot more piping an extra muffler and more noise and no real performance gains over single outlet. You want more sound add a urd or dt y pipe with a single outlet catback exhaust. Less piping bolts right up and its all in mostly the factory location.
when I get off ill take a pic of it. Its not a set up you can just order. You have to make it yourself . To the guy that says it dosent add performance, well sir why would you be trying to get really any performance out of a v6. Its all about the sound man and letting it breath will slightly better fuel economy. I just wanted it loud is why I did mine the way I did
Old 09-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
1. I never said anything about NOT adding performance.
2. And as u quoted below letting it breathe with slightly better fuel economy. HMMM....I believe thats changing the performance of the truck.
3. Why should you not get the most performance out of your engine thats possible? Regardless of its size. No ones on here trying to make a barn burner out of one of these tacomas and yes there are some quick ones on here. Do alittle research. But in the end we all know there trucks and not 9sec. street cars or dragsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennadair View Post
when I get off ill take a pic of it. Its not a set up you can just order. You have to make it yourself . To the guy that says it dosent add performance, well sir why would you be trying to get really any performance out of a v6. Its all about the sound man and letting it breath will slightly better fuel economy. I just wanted it loud is why I did mine the way I did
Old 09-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #20
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery

Om nom nom nom