Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

LCE Throttle Body Spacer

Old 09-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
LCE Throttle Body Spacer

Okay so this thread isnt about me asking if they work or if I should buy one. I know that everyone says they dont do anything on efi engines. And I think the same. But what about this one? Its from LCE website and they have a dyno chart pic, and since they are such a good company, why would they make it up or lie about the dyno chart that is posted? Im just curious if anyone else has any opinons on this, cause we all say throttle body spacers are just good paper weights..?
http://www.lceperformance.com/Thrott...-p/1061067.htm
Old 09-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Granted, you'll barely feel 2.2 hp.... but yeah, it is interesting.

ttt
Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Granted, you'll barely feel 2.2 hp.... but yeah, it is interesting.

ttt
Yea true. But if your building for power every little bit of hp you can get counts. In the butt dyno you would think you could feel the mid-range 4-6 hp and tq gain, I know I did with the deckplate mod. Im just curious if this is true or not..
Old 09-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
White Tank

Bump! I would like to hear opinons!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
Runnerstrom28 will become famous soon enough
Name: Derek
Runnerstrom28's Tacoma Gallery
Im curious about them too! A buddy on mine has one on his trailblazer nd it makes this sick whistle sound. Im thinking about buying it just for that lol

Free BUMP
Old 10-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Trash.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
2.2HP? That's probably within the tolerance range of the dyno.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
2.2HP? That's probably within the tolerance range of the dyno.
It is called the derp tolerance.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Not worth it... 2.2 max HP gain at 4,600 RPM and 4 ft-lb gains at 3,500 RPM is boarderline useless in my opinion (unless you're racing, in which case you shouldn't have bought a pick-up). Show me gains under 3,000 RPM, where most people spend most of their time, and I'm interested.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing it seems to do on the 5vz, is eliminate the OEM gasket, which has a slight "D" shape, as opposed to an "O" shape. Many people with the 5vz have trimmed the existing gasket into an "O" and reported the same gains, but with a cost of $0.00. I suggest, if you are considering this, is to buy the gasket for an supercharged throttle body, or trim the existing gasket. Save cash, and have the same effect.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #12
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
It also increases the plenum volume very slightly which can possibly add the 2 hp...., I would like to see this test done by a 3rd party dyno, I used to run a shop that did this, we installed, tuned and built electronic devices for performance applications and also did 3rd party testing.

Its always hard to believe any manufacturers claims especially if they tested it themselves from a biased standpoint.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
It also increases the plenum volume very slightly which can possibly add the 2 hp...., I would like to see this test done by a 3rd party dyno, I used to run a shop that did this, we installed, tuned and built electronic devices for performance applications and also did 3rd party testing.

Its always hard to believe any manufacturers claims especially if they tested it themselves from a biased standpoint.
All that velocity is lost as soon at the air has to turn.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
All that velocity is lost as soon at the air has to turn.
This ^^^^^

For that matter, All newer vehicles have tuned intakes. If a simple spacer made that much difference, the manufacture would have lengthened their intakes another 1/2"
Old 10-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #15
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
This ^^^^^

For that matter, All newer vehicles have tuned intakes. If a simple spacer made that much difference, the manufacture would have lengthened their intakes another 1/2"
Yeah I know, just trying to throw LCE a bone of sorts, lol.

As far as plenum tuning, even a very small amount can make a difference (even with the loss of velocity), but it can also cause you to lose power in certain ranges, like you said the OEM spends a lot of money trying to extract as much power as possible within reason..there are quite a few factors at work when it comes to how the air will travel through plenums and ports...I have built several types of manifolds allbeit for forced induction vehicles so it does not really apply to NA motors the same exact way since under boost it is being force fed..

If the TB spacer worked as well as they say Toyota would have made the plenum 3/4 ish inches deeper like you said, I am sure they tuned it to be as good as it can get for whats on the table...

IMO TB spacer = less gas money, lol. And that Fking stupid whistling sound...gawd!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are missing the most important thing of all here...

Does it make the bad-ass whistling noise when you step on the gas???
Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #17
Runnerstrom28 will become famous soon enough
Name: Derek
Runnerstrom28's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post

x2 lol
Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post

The I wish I had a turbo sound effect is awesome.

Posted via
Old 10-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #19
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The I wish I had a turbo sound effect is awesome.

Posted via
Install a muffler from a Toyota Previa S/C, it will whistle dixie all day long.
When I used to test drive them when I worked for TOyota it drove me nuts and EVERY one of them did it, next time you see one (if you ever do) listen for it, lol.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #20
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
I can account for both 1st and 2nd gen V6 TB spacers. Both from Airraid. I put one on my 08 4.0 and my roommate put one on his 01 3.4. Here's the butt dyno results:

08 V6 Results-
Not really any performance gain, infact I couldn't feel anything, but did gain 2+mpg more, and it makes the sweet whistle noise under 2000rpm. 2nd gens dont have the "D" gasket so it really didn't open anything up. Just "twirling" the air and Airraid describes it.

01 3.4 Results-
Installed and right away snappier throttler, no more D gasket. No whistle on his 1st gen.... On the freeway the truck screams now. Definitely opened it up and got a 1+mpg gain.

Not too bad of an upgrade for under $100 IMO