Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Forseeing any problems?

Old 09-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Forseeing any problems?

Hey guys i wanted to get your opinion on URDs new TCAI setup that actually moves the filter in front of the radiator behind the grill, It seems like a pretty legit setup and i know URD is a pretty legit vendor. I guess id just be worried about sucking up something or water splash, That and i plan on installing a Satoshi grill soon and that seems like that might restrict airflow to the filter?

Heres a link let me know what you think!

http://www.urdusa.com/Intakes-Cold-A...duct_info.html
Old 09-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was looking at that combo, After that itd be a slow process of opening up the exhaust end because id like to do headers back all in one, Which as you probably know is quite a $$$ task. So ive been kinda researching at what way i want to go with my truck first, Lift it and do wheels and exterior and make it a mean or make it a quick truck first.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
dont forget cutting into ur truck just to install an intake.

FWIW, these trucks are pretty fast for a brick with wheels.

if u happen to be serious about more HP and TQ, ur best bet hands down is a TRD or URD blower.
^ This

You will get more bang for your buck with a supercharger. I don't believe Header-back exhaust and CAI will make it as fast as you think, but I only have a CAI so I shouldn't say much.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #5

Ive researched the supercharger and if i did go that way id get the URD but man 6gs... Thats a huge chunk of change. I dont expect going from 200 to 300 for sure, I expect maybe a 20 horsepower gain with the intake and exhaust. Maybe 25 if im lucky.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I don't think your gonna experience that. An intake is only going to give you more sound, maybe a little power with the URD MAF calibrator.

From what I have read here, a full exhaust (headers back) will lose low-end and gain high-end power. But like I said I'm just repeating from others.

The TRD supercharger is cheaper and if you are patient and keep looking around you can find a great deal on one.

Do lots of research (search button ^^^^) before you spend a lot of money only to be dissappointed.