Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Stock 4.0L Dyno numbers? anyone know?

Old 10-31-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
roddy1 is on a distinguished road

roddy1's Tacoma Gallery
Stock 4.0L Dyno numbers? anyone know?

Hey guys im just curious what kind of numbers the 4.0L V6 puts to the rear wheels... stock or lightly modded.

Thanks

Roddy
Old 10-31-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Alot of variables here. Output is going to vary with altitude, temp, fuel used, and what kind of dyno one may be useing. I have found that Dynojet Dynos are pretty accurate, but Mustang Dynos generally give inaccurate readings.
That being said, my first dyno (all stock) was 205 to the tires, at 1095 ft, 90*, 18% humidity, 91 oct. fuel.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Thats good news chris I normally figure on losing 30hp from flywheel to tires, via the tranny and shafts.
Keep in mind, I have a PreRunner, so no transfercase. Since the new H.P. rateings, many dyno results are going to be less of a % off from rated crank H.P..
And it seems to vary on different vehicles. I have yet to see a ford 5.4 (rated near 300 h.p.), dyno much more than 200 h.p. to the tires.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Damn the fords do that poorly.
The ones I have seen, Yes.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
My 2005 XRunner completely stock dynoed 209 on a DynoJet, then a year later dynoed 207 on the same dyno. So that is very consistant.

Gadget
Old 11-01-2008, 07:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
My 2005 XRunner completely stock dynoed 209 on a DynoJet, then a year later dynoed 207 on the same dyno. So that is very consistant.

Gadget
Do you remember the temp and Alt.? I just wanted to compare to my readings being as many production engines vary a few h.p. from vehicle to vehicle, and Im corious to the h.p. loss of the auto tranny in my truck. If there is only a few h.p. difference between the 6 speed in the X-Runner, and the Auto in the PreRunner, thats pretty good.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #9
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
dynojets can usually do a correction based on altitude and humidity so there is an even playing field. mustang dynos dyno low because hp is calculated different (i believe theres more of a drag)...however, it makes it more idea of tuning because its more real-world like. my srt8 magnum dynoed 385hp with just a cai
Old 11-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #10
roddy1 is on a distinguished road

roddy1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And it seems to vary on different vehicles. I have yet to see a ford 5.4 (rated near 300 h.p.), dyno much more than 200 h.p. to the tires.
Wow thats surprising. I didnt know that,

My truck has the same 4.0L SOHC engine as the current Mustang/Ranger..... in my truck its rated for 207hp... and from what i have seen guys dyno between 185hp-195hp (stock) to the wheels (auto/manual)

I was just curious what you guys put down, i know your trucks are a bit faster in the 1/4 mile as well.

Either way ill be looking to get a tacoma with the 2.7L (4x4) for gas mileage.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #11
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
You can have the power but if U can't drive it don't matter. I have a V-ROD my neighbor has a V-Max. He loves to rev it and put 104 gas in it. He loves to tell me his bike is faster. When he realy gets lippy I just say lets go! What bike do i get mine or yours I'll kick your ass eather way. He just shuts up. I have a buddy he can kick my ass at anything bikes, cars, darts, anything the best part he dont care we just ride no and smile.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #12
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
You can have the power but if U can't drive it don't matter. I have a V-ROD my neighbor has a V-Max. He loves to rev it and put 104 gas in it. He loves to tell me his bike is faster. When he realy gets lippy I just say lets go! What bike do i get mine or yours I'll kick your ass eather way. He just shuts up. I have a buddy he can kick my ass at anything bikes, cars, darts, anything the best part he dont care we just ride no and smile.
make that ride on and smile, crap now I got to go the little lady is pissed.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #13
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
That's true. The rider makes a huge difference. I have a friend who has a ZX-14 special edition (~200hp on a 400lbs bike). That bike is insane fast but he's not a great rider in the corners. I can usually waste him with my KLR650 (35 hp) when the course is tight and twisty. Of course, on the straightaway, he'll tear me a new one just in first gear.

I remember when he was first breaking it in, he was next to some guy on a souped up Harley (I was following on a ZZR1200). The two of them took off well over 100mph (I didn't push it that far, I don't need that kind of ticket). They ran neck and neck for about 3 miles. When I caught up to him, I said, "That was a pretty fast Harley." He said, "Yeah, but I'm still doing break in so I have to keep the revs down. I haven't even gotten out of third gear yet." It's a six speed transmission.