LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

What did you pay for your TRD Supercharger?

Old 09-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
xj2000 is on a distinguished road

xj2000's Tacoma Gallery
What did you pay for your TRD Supercharger?

I am waiting on my '12 to come in and asked the dealer to give me the price of the TRD supercharger. He came back with $4700 for the parts, $2000 for installation. After politely telling them they are out of their minds, they said they would get back to me. The next day they said they could take 10% off parts and drop the install price down to $1200.

$4230 + $1200 = $5430 total.

What do you all think?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
idk what others pay, but they have come down alot already, so keep trying to get them lower.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Mtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Mtek's Tacoma Gallery
I got the SC and install kit for 3900 shipped online, and was quoted 12 hrs of labor yesterday. I am going to shop around as I think I should be able to get it isnstalled for under 1k at another Toyota dealership.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Instructor: AAAB/Bravo Co 1-210 AVN REGT/128th AVN BDE (Provisional)
Name: Ryan Mathis
Location: Lives: Newport News, VA(soon to be Ft. Carson)/Home: Leesburg, GA
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
i payed $3900 for mine? and installed it with the help of someone i know
Old 09-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
I paid $3,500 for mine and had it installed for $500 at a local dealer.
That's the install price I would be looking for.

I plan on purchasing a TRD Supercharger sometime soon, and I have been quoted anywhere from 4-6 hours of labor.

You can buy the TRD Supercharger and fit kit for 3890.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a URD, and did all the work myself. 2200$ish
Old 09-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Not meaning to thread jack, but how did that go for you?
Old 09-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
Not meaning to thread jack, but how did that go for you?
plagued with issues, but few were my doing. Guy I bought it off sliced hoses, didn't remove the custom sized obscure bolts that were needed so I had to source my own, he busted fittings removing stuff.... so about 14 hrs for install and another 20 hours sourcing obscure parts and fitting.

Word to the wise, you can get some really good deals on new ones. They aren't hard to install if you have a decent mechanical knowledge, they come with instructions. Buying used on such a complicated system is not recommended for all the reasons mentioned above. you don't know if the guy selling it is a fuck tard or not.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Shush!
Old 09-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Shush!
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Lies! All boosted applications are expensive as F**K!!!
ooo, my bad guys, that 2200$ is in Canadian Dollars, so 37,800$US by equivalent
Old 09-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #13
D4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Darren
D4D Hilux Dude's Tacoma Gallery
I got the supercharger & fit kit installed at the dealer for $4995. I paid the "extra" to have the dealer install it to keep it on warranty.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 AM   #14
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Paid $2500, and installed it myself.