Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust exit

Old 09-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
accesscab is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
accesscab's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust exit

What is the best looking setup? As in single side exit, dual side exit, dual rear exit or anything else. And tip size. Pics are very helpful as well, thanks!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I think most people will tell you it depends on what YOU want to achieve and look like, since it is a personal preference thing.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Not visible like the magnaflow off road series Exhaust. although I have dual exhaust with each tailpipe on each side. I think it looks okay.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Not dual! Do not put dual exhaust on your tacoma.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
accesscab is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
accesscab's Tacoma Gallery
well i mainly drive asphalt and hardly ever "off-road", i kinda like the set up senor taco has. just wondering what most people do and if anyone does a regular single side exit and if it looks good.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
I like the looks of duals personally. I have them dumped right under the bumper so you can still clearly see them and have 5" tips.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #9
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
tits those are big tips on a taco....go big or go home i guess
Old 09-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
Mtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Mtek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILove2Drive View Post
I like the looks of duals personally. I have them dumped right under the bumper so you can still clearly see them and have 5" tips.
Sounds good, got any pics to share?
Old 09-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #11
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtek View Post
Sounds good, got any pics to share?
Nothing that actually shows them well..I'll try to get one tomorrow for ya!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #12
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
I personally like the dual exhaust. There are two types of duals, rear exit and side swept exit. Rear exit I think looks the best, but has draw backs. If you tow anything, you'll blast it with your exhaust, offroading or anything where your rear bumper may come close to the ground you'll have the possibility of scraping the tips. No one likes a scrape on their tip. Side swept I don't think have any draw backs beside maybe the brake lines on the driver side coming off the rear diff. I've seen where they could come in contact with the exhaust pipe. Ya gotta be careful with that, but you may be able to do something to alleviate that. I don't like the exhaust dumped on an everyday driver, too raspy sounding in the cab. And for the guy that said don't get duals, what's the problem?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by accesscab View Post
What is the best looking setup? As in single side exit, dual side exit, dual rear exit or anything else. And tip size. Pics are very helpful as well, thanks!
What do you think the best looking setup is? Personally I can't stand dual exhaust on trucks.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #15
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I also don't like duals

dumped or stock is the best looking IMO
Old 09-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #17
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
everyone loves duals, just not on a V6

V6 trucks to not deserve duals, even if it is a tacoma
Old 09-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #18
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
everyone loves duals
I don't. Well the only exception is the new Rams with the cutouts for the exhaust and sports cars.