Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

DELETE CATS??

Old 09-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
DELETE CATS??

So when i bought my truck the previous owner had removed the rear cats and put a spintech muffler, single in single out...i asked alot of people of what it REALLY does..and herd different opinions like save gas, better airflow, jus for sound, more power....i know everyone has their opinion but i jus want a REAL answer to what it acutally does...Thanks

Gaven
Old 09-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
Gives better flow. But I doubt it does enough to make a whole lot of difference.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It kills low end power but give better high RPM power. Not much gain though.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #4

Oh i see... Yeah i herd you save gas and herd it eats more gas..which one??
Old 09-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Usually eats more when not tuned for no cats.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #6

Damn thats what i thought, my truck eats it like i never put any has in period..cats are expensive to replace, you think a resinator would help gas mileage??
Old 09-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOsupremacy View Post
Damn thats what i thought, my truck eats it like i never put any has in period..cats are expensive to replace, you think a resinator would help gas mileage??
A resonator is just an expansion chamber. It would help with rasp but that's it.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #10

Ahh..okay thanks man
Old 09-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #11
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
A MAF box tuned from URD would be cheaper than cats. How loud is it with the spintech muffler?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper6speed View Post
A MAF box tuned from URD would be cheaper than cats. How loud is it with the spintech muffler?
its pretty loud but i kinda like it...i have the maf cal from urd but its only tuned for my urd tcai..
Old 10-04-2011, 05:05 AM   #13
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I think they have programming for more flow. Give them a call or drop them an email.