Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Which Exhaust Should I Get?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
JimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura aboutJimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura about
JimmyBuckets's Tacoma Gallery
Which Exhaust Should I Get?

In this video there are a bunch of exhausts, but I'm not sure which one to get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQptf...feature=relmfu
Old 09-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
uh.......eww
Old 09-27-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
Throughhonor is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2/25 Garden City NY
Name: Ryan
Throughhonor's Tacoma Gallery
Get some of those yellow pipes and have them come out like stacks, dont get a flowmaster I had one and it would always get caught on stuff offroad and apparently they result in a loss of hp
Old 09-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #4
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery

Fink
Old 09-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
JimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura aboutJimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura about
I just bought the Banks Monster...hopefully no drone and not too loud!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBuckets View Post
I just bought the Banks Monster...hopefully no drone and not too loud!
Yeah you bought the wrong one then. There is a drone while driving in the street and it can be quite loud at time. Usually on a hot day it gets pretty loud.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
Thanks order canceled
Old 09-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
68vert is on a distinguished road

68vert's Tacoma Gallery
Borla for sure! Nice and mild sounding till you get on it. Excellent fit. Felt like it gave a bit of performance but no dyno numbers to prove it.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #9
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Borla and Magnaflow seem to be some of the most popular ones. I have no personal experience with either of them, though.

Fink
Old 09-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throughhonor View Post
Get some of those yellow pipes and have them come out like stacks, dont get a flowmaster I had one and it would always get caught on stuff offroad and apparently they result in a loss of hp
why would it get caught on stuff? if you have the tip dumped then it wont matter...also you will never notice a loss of 3 or 4 hp
Old 09-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #11
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
...also you will never notice a loss of 3 or 4 hp
Bingo.

I had a Flowmaster 40 on my 2007 and it sounded awesome (slight drone at highway speeds but not bad at all). I also did not notice any performance issues.

I drove 22 hours from Northwest Arkansas to Florida with it and it didn't bother me, or the girl that rode with me, whatsoever.

Just my $.02,

Fink
Old 09-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had 50 series on both my tacos and I like them a lot. good sound. not too loud or expensive.