Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Opinions on K&N Air Filters

Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Onion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jason
Onion27's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions on K&N Air Filters

I'm looking into getting a K&N Air Filter for my 2005 Tacoma. Was thinking about the one below. Any opinions?

Old 09-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
waste of money. I bought one and it ended up costing me gas milege! I stomped the gas all the time so I could hear it! haha

but for real though, the only gain you will get is sound. If you want performance I say save up and get headers and or a URD MAF CAL.

if you search around the site you will find dozens of threads talking about this
Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion27 View Post
I'm looking into getting a K&N Air Filter for my 2005 Tacoma. Was thinking about the one below. Any opinions?

Absolute junk. You turn your stock cold air intake into a hot air intake. If you still want aftermarket go for AFE Stage 2 SI or an old style TRD but don't expect much more than a lot of noise.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
Taco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to all
Taco John's Tacoma Gallery
More dirt will pass through it than the stock which will equate to shorter engine life. I also think the filter oil contributes to fouling MAF sensors faster.