Notices

Drone Question-Magnaflow\Aero Turbine

Old 09-30-2011, 05:59 AM   #1
Tacoma Addict
Nubes has a spectacular aura aboutNubes has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Nubes's Tacoma Gallery
Question Drone Question-Magnaflow\Aero Turbine

I'm looking at getting the Magnaflow 12256 or the Aero Turbine 2525XL. From the best that I can tell with videos and comments these two mufflers seem to fit the bill in what I want, not super loud, don't sound like rice burners and when you step on it has a nice growl. What I was wanting to know is if these have a lot of cab drone. I want to be able to have a normal conversation with the person next to me at highway speeds 60-70MPH @ 1.5-2k RPMS without having to talk over the muffler. I'm new to mufflers and such so your opinions are appreciated. Thank you.

2525XL

Magnaflow
Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
Can't speak for the magnaflow, but I love my 2525XL. There is a slight drone at around 1500rpms, but its not bad, and I have not noticed having to speak up while cruisin down the highway. Only time I can say I would have to speak up is when i get on it from a stand still, she'll talk to ya...sounds sick IMO
Old 09-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMaster06 View Post
Can't speak for the magnaflow, but I love my 2525XL. There is a slight drone at around 1500rpms, but its not bad, and I have not noticed having to speak up while cruisin down the highway. Only time I can say I would have to speak up is when i get on it from a stand still, she'll talk to ya...sounds sick IMO
Mines the same but i have the non resonated 2525.

I had a magnaflow on my Dakota, which had much more drone than the areo on this truck. But it was a different truck so i guess I'm not much help.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
JSpoon is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
JSpoon's Tacoma Gallery
I got the 2525XL and imo it's got some drone inside the cab, but the higher in the gear it gets it seems to get quieter. At 60-70 on the hwy it's pretty quiet. My wife likes that. I haven't heard the MagnaFlow, but I like my AT2525xl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rklNqKNpYkM
Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
^What part of Houston is that in? Looks more like NW Austin hill country???
Old 10-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
JSpoon is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
JSpoon's Tacoma Gallery
You're right. I was visiting my friend up in nw Austin and he videoed for me. I'm not sure what part, just off 620 somewhere. And to correct my above statement 60+ it gets quieter not just 60-70.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha yeah I recognized that area immediately. No place like very amazing around that area.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
They both sound like rice. aFe and Bank's are the only good sounding exhausts IMO
Old 10-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #9
matts11 will become famous soon enoughmatts11 will become famous soon enough
matts11's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you should look at dynomax vt......that would fit the bill.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #10
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my Aero, and will be vouch for it until I honestly find something better, which I haven't. The only other mufflers I personally would consider for these trucks would be wicked flows, dynonax superturbo, or a couple of straight through designs from magnaflow.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #11
Tacoma Addict
Nubes has a spectacular aura aboutNubes has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Nubes's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all for your input. After a month of , I decided to go with the Magnaflow. Just got it in today so tomorrow after work I'm gonna get it welded in.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
I love the way my Magnaflow sounds, no rasp and a good growl and not too loud