Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

SCed and still want more Power

Old 10-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
SCed and still want more Power

Just got the Taco SCed, not even 5Kmiles on it, its better then stock.
Now what else can i do with in reason?
Its a 2011 auto 4x4 DC

I need some options and opinions.

Tkx
Ben
Old 10-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
If you want more power than a Supercharged truck then buy a sports car!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
intake
full exhaust
tune
pulleys
gears maybe
Old 10-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
I moved from an AWD turbo wagon (subi Forester), tacoma was the best compromise of a truck, AWD with turbo. So thats what i came from

I cant find a good forum with performance support. Back in the S-runner days it was TTORA and Custom taco, not anymore.

CAI wont give significant gains, as few have noted in this forum...
Old 10-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Get the URD 2.8" underdrive pulley. I have it and with the stock Toyota tune is seriously wakes the truck up. Other than that there is stuff you can do. Check out the x-runner.com forum. The fastest guys are on there.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
go check out xr-underground.com they have played with everything to get every HP out of this truck.

You can add to what you have to get good power, but the TRD S/C is not the highest HP base to work with. The URD kit has much more HP potential than the TRD. I got over 400 whp out my my X-runner with the URD MKII kit and a full exhaust.

but with what you have, you can get 350 + out of it with some add ons

Smaller S/C Pulley ( URD 2.85 or the APR 2.7 with fuel mods)
Larger S/C crank pulley (NST makes one and you can combine it with the 2.85 pulley)
Engine Management ( APR X1 if you can find one, or the MAP ECU3)
Headers ( Dough Thorleys are a nice match to the S/C)
Exhaust ( Y pipe and catback)
Intake ( AFE or the old TRD is what I recommend)
Fuel upgrads (pump and injectors from URD)

If you run the smaller pulley with an intake, I would recommend some type of engine management upgrade. THe TRD flash tends to lean out quite a bit with that combination.

This is especially the case if you opt for the tiny 2.7 pulley. You will need the engine management and fuel upgrades to handle that ( Larger injectors, fuel pump, and possible a 7th injector)

check out APRpower.com and URDUSA.com for some other nice stuff.

you can make a 4wd, auto a 13 sec truck with the blower you have if you add to it

Justin
Old 10-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
Asian RedNeck

BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
im working on BBK for the fronts, like the kit for the FJ.

APR X1 if you can find one Are these not offered anymore?, or the MAP ECU3 How do these fair against each other?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Iirc x1 isn't available for the '11
good point, I didnt notice the 2011 part.

The MAP ECU3 is the new system that URD is using for the new S/C systems and they are having good results.

The X1 is nice, but the customer support from the manufacturer has been pretty poor.

Justin
Old 10-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
LS1 swap
Old 10-04-2011, 12:49 AM   #10
Asian RedNeck

BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
LS1 swap
I was gona put a LQ9 into my FZJ-80 but ended up buying a tacoma
Old 10-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #11
Asian RedNeck

BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
URD catback in route....
Old 10-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Buy a a sports car that will actually go fast.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #13
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMara View Post
URD catback in route....
2 best bang for the buck are the under drive pulley and a proper tune. THe pulley made my truck come alive and it feels like it should have for the factory. Still waiting on my URD MAF calibrator...
Old 10-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #15
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Accept the fact that it's a truck and it wasn't meant to go fast...nor will it ever be fast.

Sell your supercharger kit and take the money to buy a go-fast project car and use your truck to haul it around. Problem solved.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Accept the fact that it's a truck and it wasn't meant to go fast...nor will it ever be fast.

Sell your supercharger kit and take the money to buy a go-fast project car and use your truck to haul it around. Problem solved.
X8907689675438965743654754897695464

How much to make a Taco run 12s? Like $7000+ right. My friend's 06 GTO ran 11.5 in the 1/4 for about $2500. I mean if you have the money to make a Tacoma fast then by all means go for it but intake and exhaust isn't going to do it.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #17
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw154 View Post
If you want more power than a Supercharged truck then buy a sports car!
x2
Old 10-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #18
HB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to all
HB Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteTaco View Post
x2
I have to agree. I came from a v6 family car (3.5 Nissan Altima) that would blow most SC'd Tacomas OOTW. I only had Exh / Intake mods on it.
--- All that aside go for it cause I'd like to get some more power in my Taco as well. So get dyno #'s and keep us posted. SC with small pulley and tune is on my wishlist. But for now I drive it like and old man except when someone pisses me off.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #19
It all depends on what your looking for out of the Taco. If you want a fast agile truck then it wont happen without a LOT of money. I was looking for more power towing and offroad without going to a behemoth full sized truck so I am getting exactly what I want out of my truck. I am building my truck for more low and mid range, I dont really care much up high RPM power.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #20
Asian RedNeck

BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Id do stated above mods but there is no ECU/tuning (x-1) to support any of the big power adders adders

Unlike the rest of the workforce i can only afford one vech for a do it all and still get me to the woods, water and to work..........
So the truck has to be my DO IT all within reason......