Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

New TRD Cold Air Intake

Old 10-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
New TRD Cold Air Intake

found this link on TRD's website for the dyno results of the 4.0L intake and it seems a little ridiculous

http://www.toyotaracing.com/trd/part...parisons.html#

if it really net you 10 HP and 18 ft/lbs at 2600 RPM i feel like A LOT more people would have it haha. Any thoughts?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Braaap! I have the old style and nothing happened except for more braaaap!! The new intake causes lean running conditions.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
rwalker is on a distinguished road

Name: Rian
rwalker's Tacoma Gallery
Why is the chart drawn in crayon?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
I have the old style TRD intake along with the TRD cat-back exhaust. I can say my truck feel a bit faster than when it was stock. Also I test drove a '11 TX pro and can feel the difference between 2. Mine felt a bit peppier and I'm assuming due to the TRD CAI.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #7
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Odds are u will feel more performance from premium gas over lower octane than u would "intake" vs stock.

Truth hurts, manufacturers lie to make money, and butt dynos are biased.
I pump premium gas.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
I pump premium gas.
Sweet. 0 power increase for more money.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
ya i tried premium for awhile and felt no power increase and actually saw a decrease in MPGs. Ya i don't believe what they are saying b/c as stated previously the "new" TRD intake is made by AEM and supposedly inferior to the "old" one made my AFE which is pretty much the AFE stage 2 si intake. Just wondering what you all thought because besides the dyno graphs being done in water color and with no labeling haha the labeled numbers on the chart seemed overdone
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Sweet. 0 power increase for more money.

Well said...

I won't put a CAI on mine because gains (if any) are usually on the higher RPM scale so they wouldn't do anything for me in my normal driving anyways besides make it noisier. If I could just bolt on 10 HP and 18 ft-lbs of torque across the whole RPM range for $300, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm not aware of a product that does this yet.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #11
Banned
I got my intake because I was going to supercharger. I'm still debating if I should because there is really no point in trying to make a heavy brick fast since it will never be really fast but the extra power from the supercharger would be nice for everyday driving.