Full Custom Header Back Exhaust 0 0%
TRD Cat Back 3 21.43%
Magnaflow Cat Back Kit 2 14.29%
Flowmaster Cat Back Kit 5 35.71%
Other (Explain) 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Dual Exhaust

Has anyone had a full custom dual exhaust done on a 4.0L V6 Tacoma. I am thinking of taking my Tacoma to an exhaust shop and have him do dual pipes all the way back with new cats and mufflers and get rid of the Y's. Wondering if this would help HP, Torque, MPG, Throttle Response and if anyone has actually done this and have results. Or should I just install the TRD exhaust and call it a day.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
In all honesty you can get away with the muffler of your choice welded in..

If you want the catback, then get the system of your choice.

It wont be worth the money to get the true dual system.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
In all honesty you can get away with the muffler of your choice welded in..

If you want the catback, then get the system of your choice.

It wont be worth the money to get the true dual system.

x2! ^^^
Old 10-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Duals looks stupid on a truck. You will lose lose low end power if you go true duals. In the end muffler choice is up to you. I myself like catback exhausts over just welding in a muffler.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:23 AM   #5
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
You will lose lose low end power if you go true duals.
NOT necessarily true, it all depends on the pipe size used, crossover, if any, and routing.

But OP, I do agree that true duals would be a large cost to pay for any "potential" increase/descrease you may get. If you are not planning on serious power adds later (forced induction) then you are probably better off cutting in a muffler to change the sound. The benefit of a catback though is that you can do that one yourself in your driveway, you'll probably need an exhaust shop to get a muffler replaced.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
i've been looking into an exhaust upgrade too. i've read in a number of threads that the TRD exhaust is quite similar to the stock exhaust....that being said, does the TRD cat produce any sound? i would hate to drop $500 bucks on something that i'm not going to get anything out of.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
Insert nonsense here
rmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura about

rmerchant3's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust pulses....
Old 02-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Weston
UNDEAD1153's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
i've been looking into an exhaust upgrade too. i've read in a number of threads that the TRD exhaust is quite similar to the stock exhaust....that being said, does the TRD cat produce any sound? i would hate to drop $500 bucks on something that i'm not going to get anything out of.
I've got the TRD exhaust and over the time I've had it (march 15th will be 1 year ) it has gotten much deeper, still very quiet at idle to the point you cant hear it unless you're on the exhaust exit side of the truck down by the tip. When you pass someone or anywhere from 2000+ rpm it drones like crazy and they will definitely hear it. Not exactly what I like, I'll probably do some form of new exhaust when the warranty runs out