1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electric cooling fan pictures...

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by extremachn1, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Oct 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 [OP] I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Hey everyone,
    I have been reading through all of the electric cooling fan threads over the past week. There is a lot of people who have used them other type vehicles in the past and who have talked about the pluses and minuses but I need someone who has actually used one on their 2nd gen Taco and who tows and 4 wheels their truck pretty hard.

Long story short, somehow my fan shroud busted and the bottom just shredded. My fan is fine but the shroud just flops around and it seems like it dosent cool as effectively now. My temp tends to go up substantially compared to what it used to (185-195 before 195-210 now). I am boosted with an under drive pulley so its possible that now with the busted shroud my cooling just cant keep up. I want to know how well the electric fan hold up 4 wheeling and towing under load. Also, I have heard the flex-a-lite kit does not cover the entire radiator, is this true? Has anyone modified a differant kit to work on our truck, preferably a double fan kit?

A new fan shroud from Toyota would run almost $300 before taxes and the flex-a-lite kit is about $350. If the kit does better cooling and holds up under load than that is the way I might go.

Like I said, pics and opinions of people that have them would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Oct 5, 2011 at 6:17 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Check "Similar Threads" section below. I have the Flexalite kit, but no pics and I don't tow or 4-wheel to any extent. I didn't notice any cooling better or worse then stock though. Also did not notice any perf/mpg differences either. Biggest gain was the lack of fan roar on startup. If you look into the Similar threads you'll see some other input.

Products Discussed in

To Top