Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AFE install then....

Old 10-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Lovin Tacos
tacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryant
tacomacrazy's Tacoma Gallery
AFE install then....

So I finally got around to installing this AFE Intake...

everything was going fine install perfect.. turned the truck on awesome...
I then took it for a drive and after about 5 mins and a lil pedal to the metal.

Im getting this flapping somewhat plastic hitting plastic at 15-17k RPMs
then i hit 2k and it goes away the normal sound comes back.

WHYYY was it the install? did i over tighten the screws? is it something to do with my engine?

more airflow maybe needs to break in?

thanks for all the help fellas. Im going to check under the hood tomorrow, after the rain goes away.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Post pics of the intake. I bet the tube is too close to the crap heat shield.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
Lovin Tacos
tacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Post pics of the intake. I bet the tube is too close to the crap heat shield.
Will do at work right now, in the moring i will thanks a lot man.

do you think its anything to do with the rubber on the vent by the windshield wiper
Old 10-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomacrazy View Post
Will do at work right now, in the moring i will thanks a lot man.

do you think its anything to do with the rubber on the vent by the windshield wiper
Not sure what it could be. You just have to try to locate the sound. I woulld start with the heat shield.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
15000 - 17000 rpms ?

Is this the Formula 1 Tacoma ?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
Banned
Wait. What intake did you buy? Afe Stage 2 SI?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #7
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
FML, this was in ur gallery (searching for pics of ur intake)

if she will be present, I may drive down there and take a look for u and get it a once over (the truck)

holy hell!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #8
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
carpool?
Pick me up too!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
carpool?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Pick me up too!
I'll hang on the roof if I have too
Old 10-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #10
EndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really nice

Name: Jason
EndlessSummer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

*robot voice from Grandmas Boy* Please sit on my face

Quote:
carpool?
I'll even pay for gas haha
Old 10-06-2011, 03:27 AM   #12
Lovin Tacos

Sorry guys at work running calls. Previous nosie fixed with new intake. I tried posting some pics but got a call when I was going to post the in the thread. Hopefully I hit all the Q.s

AFE stage 2 si dry
Correction 1500-1700rpms
I did notice the third screw a little loose when I was taking pictures.
I put it in P&N and something 1500-1700rpm I heard noise

I get off 830 this morning so
I'll diagnose the problem further

all your help has made my night a little more at ease.
Thanks everyone and enjoy the picture lol that was from the superstition
Run last yr. I'll post something more.... Recent.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:39 AM   #13
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys dont leave me hangin, pick me up too! ill buy the beer. well you can buy it with my money
Old 10-06-2011, 03:47 AM   #14
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
hey guys dont leave me hangin, pick me up too! ill buy the beer. well you can buy it with my money
might as well make it party....I am going tooo
Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 AM   #15
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
as long as you supply the strippers!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #16
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
as long as you supply the strippers!
I have cash for strippers as long as you arrange it. I expect at least two redheads with toys.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #18
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill-e-boy View Post
i don't know what you guys are talkin about....but WHO is THAT GIRL?....

wow!!
I keep looking at her thinking "WOW!"
Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #19
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FML, this was in ur gallery (searching for pics of ur intake)

if she will be present, I may drive down there and take a look for u and get it a once over (the truck)

damn. she bomb.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #20
Banned
were talking about strippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyvavoom View Post
I have cash for strippers as long as you arrange it. I expect at least two redheads with toys.
i hope you got alot of cash, my kind of strippers are expensive..
and you want red heads with toys? i know red heads..