Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

turbo retro fit suggestions

Old 10-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
turbo retro fit suggestions

Well long story short i would like a small gain in performance outta my 2.7l taco. now before everyone trolls like hell i would like to say i want no more boost than 3-4psi out of a small turbo to assist with low end tourqe.
i was also consdering a centrifugal blower on low boost. would like to be able to maintain stock ecu and all. i know the stock ecu can handle up to 6psi of boost. i dont want to go that high for reliability reasons.

a remote turbo setup might be intersting as well
thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been looking into a remote mount turbo running 5-6psi on my truck. Alot of parts are needed to be reliable and stable for the trucks engine. Its at least a grand to do it "right"
your best bet is to go on xr underground, they are the turbo gurus
Old 10-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Why not look into getting the TRD s/c for that motor. Not sure how easy they are to find these days. I had one on my 04 2.4 and it made a world of a difference. I bought mine from lc engineering.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Alpine supercharger.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
Ive been looking into a remote mount turbo running 5-6psi on my truck. Alot of parts are needed to be reliable and stable for the trucks engine. Its at least a grand to do it "right"
your best bet is to go on xr underground, they are the turbo gurus
A grand?? Hahahahahahahahaha!! maybe if you have all the material and a $200 junkyard turbo, a welder, and now how to build systems...

To do it "right" it will take at least $2000, for a remote system just the oil scavenging pump is gonna be $300 alone! Then the turbo $600+, and EVERYTHING else. When I had my truck turboed just the turbo was $1300.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
how much was the ls1 conversion?
More than a turbo, lol.A little under $5K for the drivetrain and all the other parts exhaust, header kit, etc...

And about 2 months of work installing it. It is has about the same power as my old 2RZ turbo setup at 5000rpms, but the LS1 has more power everywhere else. Not to mention the 6 speed transmission!

Best mod ever, I get to make other vehicles look stupid daily. The power and sound of a muscle car in my little taco, pretty cool.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
why not just rip your mods off your prerunner and sell it and just get yourself a 4x4 with the v6. you obviously want more power and better off road capabilities.
cause i got the truck for a quater of what its worth now. i like it and it suits me pretty well cause im still aware that im a 2wd so i dont bury the mother fucker left and right. . . . lol plus if i reall wanna go 4wd ill just find a wrecked truck and do the swap to keep insurance cost low :-)
Old 10-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Alpine supercharger.