Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Hardened Motor Mounts?

Old 10-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
Scoobydrew555 is on a distinguished road
Scoobydrew555's Tacoma Gallery
Hardened Motor Mounts?

I will be picking up a 2012 tacoma and will be getting the supercharger installed before I ever pick it up from them. I'm am coming from owning a modded Subaru WRX and know that when I jumped up my engines power there was quite a bit of engine movement when revved, the solution for that was to install hardened race ready mounts. Do tacomas have this problem as well once the superchargers are installed or is this not a problem with a low revving engine? Are there aftermarket mount options for motors and trannies available?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobydrew555 View Post
I will be picking up a 2012 tacoma and will be getting the supercharger installed before I ever pick it up from them. I'm am coming from owning a modded Subaru WRX and know that when I jumped up my engines power there was quite a bit of engine movement when revved, the solution for that was to install hardened race ready mounts. Do tacomas have this problem as well once the superchargers are installed or is this not a problem with a low revving engine? Are there aftermarket mount options for motors and trannies available?
I havent noticed any more engine movement than normal in mine. The 05's had motor mount issues but not the new trucks that i know of.