1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to calculate my gear ratio

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Stout890, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Oct 25, 2011 at 11:37 PM
    Stout890

Stout890 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    i beleive reading the thread will answer this one :pccoffee:
    no i have 31" or basically 265/75 so im thinking the 4:10 will be just what the taco dr. ordered:cool:

2. Nov 19, 2011 at 11:44 PM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    So I swapped the axle yesterday and bleed an adjusted the brakes today and I have to say I'm in love with my truck all over again. The speedometer issue fixed, it now reads correct and the shift points are better and the governer doesn't kick in at 80mph anymore. And to top it all off I now have a factory E locking rear end!!!

3. Nov 19, 2011 at 11:56 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    so did this ever get posted?
    http://www.tacomaterritory.com/wiki/index.php/Gear_Codes

Works if it's got the factory rear end in it .

But now that you've replaced the 3rd, you've got the old one sitting there, right? Count the number of teeth on the ring gear and the pinion gear and divide it out to get your gearing in the old axle. I'm interested to see what it was. lol

4. Nov 20, 2011 at 12:11 AM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    No I didn't swap the third member I swapped the entire axle. But I'm almost 100% sure it is right around 5.2:1 the calculations as also done on my new axle which was a known 4.1:1 and that's exactly what I got so its hard to think that it wouldn't be correct with the old one

Products Discussed in

To Top