Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

NST Lite Pulleys

Old 10-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
NST Lite Pulleys

Anyone have an idea if the NST Lite Pulleys (Crank/Alt/WP) affect the trucks performance while towing?

I slightly remember reading something about the lessening of rotational mass will affect the trucks towing/crawling abilities.

Anyone with these pulleys have time to comment?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #5
09Doright8126 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
09Doright8126's Tacoma Gallery
Changing pulleys has nothing to do with a lift kit... I see that you already have a 3" Procomp lift and it is recommended that anytime you lift over 2.5" you get new upper control arms (UCA) to help adjust for the new angle and clearance needed from the lift.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
is there anything else i should change if i do these? like for instance if you lift while your under there most guys do control arms.
To answer your question... no.

I think you should look into a CAI and Cat-back exhaust with the URD MAF Sensor Cal before you start worrying about pullies. Over just SC it.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i have an exhaust and a ram air snorkel with an afe pro dry filter. i was looking for a little bit of response or improvement i'm not bolting on an aftermarket supercharger.

however if toyota came out with one for the 4 cyl i would look into that as an option for sure
URD is as close as it's gonna get to factory. They are a great company, but your choice. The power increase from their SC is ridiculous.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
To answer your question... no.

I think you should look into a CAI and Cat-back exhaust with the URD MAF Sensor Cal before you start worrying about pullies. Over just SC it.
I plan on purchasing a Cat-back URD Maf cal and these pullies all at the same time.

It will be nice to see if there is a noticeable difference when I install all bolt-ons at once.

I already have a TRD CAI.

And then once I pay off my truck in Feb I plan on supercharging.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
your truck will do that deal in cartoons where it takes off so fast it leaves two trails of fire on the road.
Exactly what I am suspecting.