Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust/CAI questions

Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
jhype93 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
jhype93's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust/CAI questions

I just got my 05 tacoma and was interested in getting a CAI and catback exhaust. However, after reading through this site I've seen a lot of posts saying how many aftermarket CAI won't do much for overall performance.. and same with an exhaust, unless you just prefer a different tone to your ride. Is this true, is it best performance wise to just keep these two stock? and if not, whats the best combination (aware everyone will have their own opinion). Just new to the tacoma and curious.

thanks,
jake
Old 10-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If you read it many times on the site then it is more than likely true. I got my intake because I was going to supercharge but there is really no point in trying to make a big ass truck fast unless you have a lot of coin to toss at it. The exhaust was strictly for sound. In there end there are some gains and it feels a bit faster at high RPM but IDK is that is my butt dyno or actual increases.