1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headers?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Buell, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Oct 19, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    Buell

Buell [OP] Instagram: @thebuell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Brooklyn, NY
    Vehicle:
    1970 Chevy Nova
    So I'm thinking about getting new headers for my truck and want some input on these: http://www.urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Hea...4.0L-V6,-Short-Tube-CERAMIC/product_info.html

I think these are the best for me because although I love the long tube ones and understand why people get them, I use this truck in everyday circumstances and don't want to have to worry about smog later on down the road more than I have to already with my CAI. Let me know what you think and if I should pull the trigger or not? (I might get them as a B-day gift) :bananadance:

2. Oct 19, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    Buell

Buell [OP] Instagram: @thebuell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Brooklyn, NY
    Vehicle:
    1970 Chevy Nova
    If I were to get the long tube I would have to worry about smog right? how would that work, just replace them when smog comes around? I mean I am thinking about changing my exhaust so that I get better clearance anyway.

3. Oct 20, 2011 at 6:45 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Depends on where you are at, if your smog check is just them attaching to the OBD port and reading it, you are OK assuming you have the O2 sim. If your smog check includes a visual check, you may not be OK depending on the competence of the checker.

4. Nov 6, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    I have a set of these not yet installed.

Pretty certain I will purchase two aftermarket high flow converters and weld those to the headers.

Also planning to get a longer, quiet muffler and build a 2 into 1 with no Y pipe. The outlet will be single and stock appearing.

PK

5. Nov 12, 2011 at 4:20 PM
    DOUBLLD

DOUBLLD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Bluemont, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma LS Swap Twin Turbo
    Alot
    im a emissions inspector for virginia we have to do a visual cat check on all obd2 cars. if you have a o2 sim we have to fail it

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top