Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Headers?

Old 10-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
Go BIG or Go HOME
Buell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud of

Name: Michael
Buell's Tacoma Gallery
Headers?

So I'm thinking about getting new headers for my truck and want some input on these: http://www.urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Head...duct_info.html

I think these are the best for me because although I love the long tube ones and understand why people get them, I use this truck in everyday circumstances and don't want to have to worry about smog later on down the road more than I have to already with my CAI. Let me know what you think and if I should pull the trigger or not? (I might get them as a B-day gift)
Old 10-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They are pretty good. They will open up low to mid range power the most with some top end but not like long tubes. Just make sure you get a good shop to do the install because you have to weld the stock cats to the new headers.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
Go BIG or Go HOME
Buell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud of

Name: Michael
Buell's Tacoma Gallery
If I were to get the long tube I would have to worry about smog right? how would that work, just replace them when smog comes around? I mean I am thinking about changing my exhaust so that I get better clearance anyway.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yeah I had planned on getting long tubes. When smog comes around just simply swap them out. Or you can always find a shady shop. Lol.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #5
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buell View Post
If I were to get the long tube I would have to worry about smog right? how would that work, just replace them when smog comes around? I mean I am thinking about changing my exhaust so that I get better clearance anyway.
Depends on where you are at, if your smog check is just them attaching to the OBD port and reading it, you are OK assuming you have the O2 sim. If your smog check includes a visual check, you may not be OK depending on the competence of the checker.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Headers?

im a emissions inspector for virginia we have to do a visual cat check on all obd2 cars. if you have a o2 sim we have to fail it